Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Is this too good to be true ?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    Mayfly
    Mayfly  8485 forum posts United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
    29 Sep 2006 - 11:57 AM

I have been thinking about buying a Tamron 90mm 2.8 Di Macro and have been looking for the best price. I have just found this website Link doing it for 100 cheaper than anyone else. Oppinions please ? would you order from here? the price seems really good but why so much cheaper???

Cheers,

Andy.

Edit -I realise vat is not included but still makes it much cheaper..

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    29 Sep 2006 - 11:57 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Coleslaw
    Coleslaw e2 Member 913403 forum postsColeslaw vcard Wales28 Constructive Critique Points
    29 Sep 2006 - 12:00 PM

it is from Hong Kong and import duty not included.
    they sell lenses in ebay as well, and for some of the items, import duty will be reimbursed.

Mayfly
    29 Sep 2006 - 12:02 PM

Thanks Cole, anyone else know of them or ordered any kit ?

Coleslaw
    Coleslaw e2 Member 913403 forum postsColeslaw vcard Wales28 Constructive Critique Points
    29 Sep 2006 - 12:08 PM

Do a search, Andy. It has been talked before, and people seem to rate them highly.

Mayfly
    29 Sep 2006 - 12:20 PM

Hmmm. It's a fairly mixed response.I'm not convinced.200 is still alot of money. I guess it's a case of "you pay your money and take your choice"

strawman
    strawman  1022004 forum posts United Kingdom16 Constructive Critique Points
    29 Sep 2006 - 12:33 PM

It is missing the VAT and import duty. Is it also missing a warranty that will be honoured in the UK?

Coleslaw
    29 Sep 2006 - 12:58 PM

I think you need to read carefully in the ebay listing if they reimburse the import duty. If they say they do, then they will (from what I read).

NikLG
    NikLG  91736 forum posts England
    29 Sep 2006 - 1:10 PM

If you look right at the bottom of the page you will see this...

Quote: Prices shown are EXCLUSIVE of import tax/duty. Import tax/duty may be added at checkout according to the shipping address.

Don't know if you can go all the way to the checkout without confirming your order, if you can you'll be able to see the 'true' price ( if they add it on for UK shipping )

Nik

malum
    malum e2 Member 10620 forum postsmalum vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
    29 Sep 2006 - 3:36 PM

Quote: It is missing the VAT and import duty. Is it also missing a warranty that will be honoured in the UK?

Lenses come with international warranties.

I bought my 17-40 F4L from a HK ebay dealer with no problems (and no import duty or VAT)
    I bought my 70-200 F4L in the States both came with international warranties

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.