Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

ISO 1600

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    hook
    hook  7706 forum posts England
    24 Jan 2007 - 11:47 PM

Now i got my new D70 my iso can got to 1600, where would i need an iso of 1600. i tend to stick around 400

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    24 Jan 2007 - 11:47 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Goatsmilkuk
    25 Jan 2007 - 12:01 AM

Low light no tripod or support, moving object,high F number etc

raul_naja
    raul_naja  8 United States
    25 Jan 2007 - 1:18 AM

To be a little more informative, there will be times when no matter how fast your lens is ie; f2.8,f1.7 lighting conditions will dictate that you need a much higher sensitivity ie; Iso 1600 to get a usable image. Trust me you will find out that this is true. Your D70 will handle shooting under these conditions with little difficulty.

Kevin

Graysta
    Graysta  91133 forum posts England
    25 Jan 2007 - 7:20 AM

The images from the D70 @ iso 1600 will be quite grainy.I have juat had a roll of Fuji film 1600iso developed for a course and belive me the difference between film and digital at this speed is noticable, the film is far smoother. however some people spend ages trying to get a grainy effect on their images. best way is to experiment with your gear and learn from the results.- Graham

mattw
    mattw  105189 forum posts United Kingdom10 Constructive Critique Points
    25 Jan 2007 - 7:55 AM

Having ISO 1600 (and above) avalible on your DSLR is a usefull feature, but that does not mean that you have to use it all the time...

Keep the ISO as low as possible for your shooting conditions, and only venture into the realms of ISO 1600 when you really have too.

Mattw

NikLG
    NikLG  91736 forum posts England
    25 Jan 2007 - 9:18 AM

I have use such speeds ( and faster ) on my D200. They can be pretty grainy so if I am going to use them I tend to shoot in B&W, and in JPG ( I have a custom setting for such eventualities ). They look quite nice, in a grainy way. Much nicer than a colour shot anyway, as the grain isn't as distracting.

Nik

cameracat
    cameracat  108578 forum posts Norfolk Island61 Constructive Critique Points
    25 Jan 2007 - 10:09 AM

High ISO (on a D200) can be controlled by making sure your high ISO noise reduction is on, I tested this at 1600 ISO and in RAW with carefull post image work you can achieve very smooth results.

However I rarley stray above 400 ISO, Just don't find the need for anything higher in the style or type of image I shoot ( fairly varied ).

Having said that my 1600 + ISO test's did produce some very interesting B&W results, If that's your kinda thing.

Vince

hook
    hook  7706 forum posts England
    25 Jan 2007 - 5:56 PM

thanks guys ill try this later with black and white then. and ill clen it up with noise reduction. all is slowly becoming clearer.

steveg
    steveg  9188 forum posts
    26 Jan 2007 - 5:59 PM

I use a Canon EOS 1dMKII for equestrian, the iso 1600 (and higher) on this allows me to shoot in poorly lit indoor arenas at night and still get useable results (slight grain/noise, but the customers cant get anything themselves without flash)
    When I bought the Canon I too thought I would never use the highh iso but once you find what it allows you to do...
    Steve

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.