Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Issue with centering an image when printing

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    wasper
    wasper e2 Member 8532 forum postswasper vcard Ireland1 Constructive Critique Points
    17 Sep 2009 - 3:16 PM

Hi.
    I have googled but found nothing to help me with my problem.
    When I try to print an image in CS4 & I tick on 'centre image' in the position section of the printing. Yet when printed it will be printed more to a corner. I have a HP photosmart B8350 & I use a Mac with latest OS.
    Thanks

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    17 Sep 2009 - 3:16 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Pete
    Pete Site Moderator 1318459 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
    17 Sep 2009 - 3:17 PM

Have you looked at the properties of your printer's driver software? Sometimes they override. See if that has an option to centre the image.

wasper
    wasper e2 Member 8532 forum postswasper vcard Ireland1 Constructive Critique Points
    17 Sep 2009 - 3:27 PM

And where will the properties be? I have looked in the HP folder & launched all the apps in there & no sign of properties in any.

Last Modified By wasper at 17 Sep 2009 - 3:28 PM
    wasper
    18 Sep 2009 - 12:01 PM

Anyone got a clue?

User_Removed
    18 Sep 2009 - 12:09 PM

Check to make sure the image is not being scaled before printing.

wasper
    18 Sep 2009 - 12:15 PM

Thanks I will try this.

bigalguitarpicker
    18 Sep 2009 - 11:26 PM

I struggled with an HP deskjet 3822 and NEVER got it to centre prints. No matter what I did, they were always a bit off-centre. I finally gave up and gave it to my daughter who wasn't going to print any photos! I concluded that even if all the "centre image" boxes were ticked, it was allowing for (insisting on?) an invisible margin on the left of the page. Totally infuriating. I bought an Epson R340 and never regretted it. Hoping to get a bigger and better Epson some day so I can print A3+ with the extra inks for Mono printing.

wasper
    19 Sep 2009 - 12:18 AM

I habe the B8350. It prints A3+, the images are excellent except for the damn of centre.

Pete
    Pete Site Moderator 1318459 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
    19 Sep 2009 - 12:21 AM

Quote: And where will the properties be? I have looked in the HP folder & launched all the apps in there & no sign of properties in any.

Click print...and then in the window that appears there should be a an option to set paper type etc. There may be several tabs each with a different set of controls. One should have an option to centre...hopefully.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.