Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

It's Back - The Apprentice

thebigyin e2
9 81 6 United Kingdom
25 Mar 2009 11:04PM
Thats it, Wednesday night between 9:00 and 10:30pm is sacred, No interuptions, phone is turned off, I will not even be dragged away to look at ePhotozine, all for one reason

The Apprentice... (and the your fired show afterwards)

Is there anyone else out there as hooked as I am on the business going on's, shouting at the TV, are you joking, you did what, why not do it this way..

Think he made the right decision tonight, although I think Mona wont last long either.. if that performance has anything to go by. The less said about Debra the better.

Alister

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

ade_mcfade e2
10 14.8k 216 England
25 Mar 2009 11:13PM
I have been an avid viewer and watched again tonight - but it all felt a bit familiar really, a little bit predictable, lost its freshness, nothing new seen it before.... that kind of thing

I guess the show lives or dies on its personalities rather than the format, so lets hope that there are a few people on there that one doens't want to see murdered with a chainsaw or wood-chipper, someone to root for.

Alan was as high value as ever - never lets you down with his harsh form of wit, so it's worth watching the board-room parts even if you can't abide the business bullshit word touting arse holes that the call contestants.
Scutter e2
7 1.7k 6 United Kingdom
25 Mar 2009 11:13PM
Yeah, I have a fatal fascination for watching people crashing and burning too!! It's great TV. I do always wonder how much is decided on the cutting room floor - rather than the board room!!
digicammad 11 22.0k 37 United Kingdom
26 Mar 2009 8:23AM
I usually avoid 'reality' shows, but have to say I really enjoy The Apprentice. There is something about seeing cocky, arrogant ar**holes brought down a peg or two that is just compulsive viewing.

Judging by last night, this year is going to be even more full of bitches and backstabbers than normal - bring it on. Grin
joolsb 10 27.1k 38 Switzerland
26 Mar 2009 8:51AM
I tend to prefer reality shows where the contestants at least appear to be the sort of person you wouldn't go out of your way to avoid. I actually don't want any of these arrogant non-entities to win. They don't deserve it. The show would be far more interesting if the contestants had the sort of background that Sugar himself has, imo...
26 Mar 2009 8:55AM
That's what Dragons' Den is for Jools. Smile
joolsb 10 27.1k 38 Switzerland
26 Mar 2009 8:58AM
No, Dragon's Den is for laughing at people with no-hope inventions and/or a total absence of business skills trying to hoodwink people who are all extremely astute investors into giving them money... Wink
26 Mar 2009 9:11AM
lol, that too. Grin
lobsterboy e2
10 14.2k 13 United Kingdom
26 Mar 2009 9:14AM
Dragons Den = Happy Slapping for business folk Smile
Kris_Dutson 12 8.2k 1 England
26 Mar 2009 9:19AM
I preffered to watch 'Grand Designs' (Re-visited) on channel 4 - what a house. Smile

I can't watch the Apprentice as I just want to slap all the arrogant gits. Which, lets face it, is most of them.
answersonapostcard e2
10 12.6k 15 United Kingdom
26 Mar 2009 10:32AM
I'm hooked already, bit surprised at how quickly the knives were drawn... not very sensible not to find out who the players are before you start dissin the competition... for people who are supposed to have brains it really is fun to see how badly they can **** up car washing... the faces on their 'clients' was brilliant!

lol at Chris
Quote:Dragons Den = Happy Slapping for business folk
KevSB 10 1.4k 5 United Kingdom
26 Mar 2009 10:33AM
For me , The first series was excellent but the last couple of series seem to have attracted TV Wannabes who are more interested in a career on tv than a genuine step up.
I notice that a few of this years entrants have flirted with the media in the past.
Kris_Dutson 12 8.2k 1 England
26 Mar 2009 12:24PM

Quote:for people who are supposed to have brains it really is fun to see how badly they can **** up car washing

That's the problem; all brains and no common sense.
MeanGreeny 9 3.7k England
26 Mar 2009 12:34PM

Quote:Quote:for people who are supposed to have brains it really is fun to see how badly they can **** up car washingThat's the problem; all brains and no common sense.

Degrees and Common Sense are mutually exclusive.
Carabosse e2
11 39.5k 269 England
26 Mar 2009 12:48PM
Bear in mind they give degrees in coffee-making these days!

(Well they don't - but y'know what I mean! Wink)

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.