Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

itunes good value for money?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    youmightlikethis
    youmightlikethis e2 Member 111003 forum postsyoumightlikethis vcard Scotland
    19 Feb 2010 - 5:10 PM

i think itunes double albums are a wee bit on the expensive side do you agree

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    19 Feb 2010 - 5:10 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

redsnappa
    redsnappa  111897 forum posts United Kingdom
    19 Feb 2010 - 6:13 PM

Most people would agree that Itunes music is more expensive than other download services. Try Amazon their MP3 music downloads offer better value than Itunes.

strawman
    strawman  1021997 forum posts United Kingdom16 Constructive Critique Points
    19 Feb 2010 - 6:20 PM

Yes iTunes is more expensive and if you can avoid using the software even better, its a clunky not very flexible solution compared to the alternatives, but it looks to not be as unstable as it used to be at least.

Convenience has its price.

Stewy
    Stewy e2 Member 7101 forum postsStewy vcard England2 Constructive Critique Points
    19 Feb 2010 - 6:28 PM

Been an iTunes user now for several years and have had no problems with it. Yes, some albums can be a bit more expensive, but there are some real bargains on there too.

Another source is Play.com Admitedley only MP3 format available, but some very low album prices and at least iTunes will play MP3's too.

Last Modified By Stewy at 19 Feb 2010 - 6:29 PM
    User_Removed
    19 Feb 2010 - 6:38 PM

I dont use itunes anymore, i prefer to get me chewnz for nowt, so use websites that convert utube vids as downloadable mp3's, naughty but nice Grin

i must add though that i have possibly spent 20,000 on music since i could breathe, thats how i justify myself for not paying anymore, and sometimes an album is so poor that i often regretted buying them in the first place.

elconguero
    22 Feb 2010 - 3:20 PM

Nice one RAP.......do you also expect photographers to work for free, just in case their photos are not to your liking, or not pay for food that you didn't like the taste of?

The debate continues.....

cantona43
    cantona43 e2 Member 8853 forum postscantona43 vcard England4 Constructive Critique Points
    22 Feb 2010 - 3:25 PM

I have been an iTunes user for years the only gripe I have with them when you buy a movie or TV show you are unable to copy it to a DVD you have to watch it via computer unless of course you have TV leads, so you are stuck at your monitor (unless you have ripping software)

elconguero
    22 Feb 2010 - 7:08 PM

Well you'd also have to connect a DVD player to a TV in order to watch a DVD. Last I looked, these aren't included in the DVD case......

strawman
    strawman  1021997 forum posts United Kingdom16 Constructive Critique Points
    22 Feb 2010 - 7:11 PM

Yes but if you buy a DVD you can watch it on the TV and a portable generic media player Wink

Mix in the DVD often being lower cost and its a point. But for convenience you pay.....

newfocus
    newfocus  8644 forum posts United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
    23 Feb 2010 - 3:10 PM

That's a good point - I find all of iTunes' DRM rubbish a real pain. I don't really object to paying for my music personally but once I've paid for it I don't want to find I'm then restricted in how/where/on what I listen to it. Apple have historically been poor in that respect IMO whereas non-DRM'd downloads from the likes of play.com and Amazon are much better.

Edit: In case that came across as full of jargon, DRM = Digital Restrictions/Rights Management, used by some companies to retain control over what you've bought after you've already bought it. Really bad for the consumer IMO.

Last Modified By newfocus at 23 Feb 2010 - 3:14 PM
    Bellie
    Bellie  7507 forum posts
    23 Feb 2010 - 3:18 PM

itunes tracks sold on the store now are all DRM free. It started with iTunes plus and now is standard on all songs.

Last Modified By Bellie at 23 Feb 2010 - 3:19 PM
    newfocus
    newfocus  8644 forum posts United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
    23 Feb 2010 - 4:01 PM

That's cool - does it apply to all other media they sell too or just music?

Last Modified By newfocus at 23 Feb 2010 - 4:02 PM
    Bellie
    Bellie  7507 forum posts
    23 Feb 2010 - 4:13 PM

As far as I know its just music and video. Not films

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.