Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

ITV Sport, Total Bloody Joke

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

New PortraitPro 12 SALE + 10% OFF code EPZROS814
robob
robob  101022 forum posts England
12 Jun 2010 - 10:45 PM

How much did ITV waste on their world cup rights? I don't care, cos I ain't watching another game on ITV. Absolute FFFing amatures. What a total joke. Missed the only England goal.

Advertisers take note, your money is wasted, you deserve a discount as no one on HD will be watching!!

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
12 Jun 2010 - 10:45 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

leeroe
leeroe  12230 forum posts England
12 Jun 2010 - 11:01 PM

Did anyone else also notice very little difference between standard def and Highdef, I was flicking between the two and the difference was hardly noticeable. All the other channels were fine in HD.

YEah and youre right, they were a bloody joke, chopping the goal for an advert !!

strawman
strawman  1022006 forum posts United Kingdom16 Constructive Critique Points
12 Jun 2010 - 11:04 PM

What system are you receiving the High Def image on. Looked fine on my Freesat box.

Britman
Britman  81669 forum posts England
12 Jun 2010 - 11:05 PM

you mean England scored a goal? My God they must be the favourites now to win!

robob
robob  101022 forum posts England
12 Jun 2010 - 11:27 PM

ITV switched to standard def after the goal c@ck up. The C@ck up only affected High Def, they switched to standard def, hence it looked the same.

User_Removed
12 Jun 2010 - 11:40 PM

'Wallander' was good tonight...

Last one next week. Sad

wasper
wasper e2 Member 8532 forum postswasper vcard Ireland1 Constructive Critique Points
13 Jun 2010 - 2:22 AM

Quote: How much did ITV waste on their world cup rights? I don't care, cos I ain't watching another game on ITV. Absolute FFFing amatures. What a total joke. Missed the only England goal.

England looked more like amateurs. All that money paid to these players & what a clueless performance. I was switching between ITV & Irish Tv analysis at half time & at the end. I was listening to Viera saying England played well & then switching to Mssrs Johnny Giles/Souness telling it as it is that England were rubbish.

RichBrew
RichBrew  4151 forum posts England
13 Jun 2010 - 4:22 AM

In my view ITV has always been dreadful - but then so has all commercial television. Give me the BBC any day.

RichBrew

MikeH
MikeH  9217 forum posts England4 Constructive Critique Points
13 Jun 2010 - 8:20 AM

Roll on todays G.P!!

arhb
arhb e2 Member 72220 forum postsarhb vcard United Kingdom68 Constructive Critique Points
13 Jun 2010 - 10:15 AM

Quote:
telling it as it is that England were rubbish.

Oh c'mon, the goalie was good......

f8
f8  109169 forum posts England22 Constructive Critique Points
13 Jun 2010 - 10:27 AM

http://www.freeview.co.uk/freeview/HDNot everybody can get Freeview HD even with an HD ready tv+an HD box, because it will not be available until April 2011.

Alan_Warriner
13 Jun 2010 - 10:40 AM

At least you were spared some of Clive Tyldesley's pidgin English commentary

RichBrew
13 Jun 2010 - 11:40 AM

Quote: At least you were spared some of Clive Tyldesley's pidgin English commentary

Motty rules, without question. He is a national treasure and it will be a sad day when he hangs up his lip microphone.

RichBrew

davey_griffo
13 Jun 2010 - 11:52 AM

Quote: England looked more like amateurs. All that money paid to these players & what a clueless performance.

I agree. A lot of highly paid prima donas.

You know what gets me most? When they say something like "he's very right footed", or "he took that on his wrong foot". For 120,000.00 a week they've no business having a wrong foot.

In fact for that money, if I was a manager I'd expect a player to be able to score with his nudger!!

Last Modified By davey_griffo at 13 Jun 2010 - 11:57 AM
RichBrew
13 Jun 2010 - 12:28 PM

Quote: England looked more like amateurs. All that money paid to these players & what a clueless performance.

I agree. A lot of highly paid prima donas.

Have we learned nothing from four years ago? England's overall performance in 2006, albeit far worse than we have so far seen, was enough to put me off club football altogether.

England win the world cup? Fat chance.

RichBrew

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.