Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

ITV Sport, Total Bloody Joke

robob e2
11 1.0k England
12 Jun 2010 10:45PM
How much did ITV waste on their world cup rights? I don't care, cos I ain't watching another game on ITV. Absolute FFFing amatures. What a total joke. Missed the only England goal.

Advertisers take note, your money is wasted, you deserve a discount as no one on HD will be watching!!

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

leeroe e2
12 231 England
12 Jun 2010 11:01PM
Did anyone else also notice very little difference between standard def and Highdef, I was flicking between the two and the difference was hardly noticeable. All the other channels were fine in HD.

YEah and youre right, they were a bloody joke, chopping the goal for an advert !!
strawman e2
11 22.0k 16 United Kingdom
12 Jun 2010 11:04PM
What system are you receiving the High Def image on. Looked fine on my Freesat box.
Britman e2
8 1.7k England
12 Jun 2010 11:05PM
you mean England scored a goal? My God they must be the favourites now to win!
robob e2
11 1.0k England
12 Jun 2010 11:27PM
ITV switched to standard def after the goal c@ck up. The C@ck up only affected High Def, they switched to standard def, hence it looked the same.
User_Removed 10 17.9k 8 Norway
12 Jun 2010 11:40PM
'Wallander' was good tonight...

Last one next week. Sad
wasper e2
8 532 1 Ireland
13 Jun 2010 2:22AM

Quote:How much did ITV waste on their world cup rights? I don't care, cos I ain't watching another game on ITV. Absolute FFFing amatures. What a total joke. Missed the only England goal.

England looked more like amateurs. All that money paid to these players & what a clueless performance. I was switching between ITV & Irish Tv analysis at half time & at the end. I was listening to Viera saying England played well & then switching to Mssrs Johnny Giles/Souness telling it as it is that England were rubbish.
RichBrew e2
4 151 England
13 Jun 2010 4:22AM
In my view ITV has always been dreadful - but then so has all commercial television. Give me the BBC any day.

RichBrew
MikeH e2
9 217 4 England
13 Jun 2010 8:20AM
Roll on todays G.P!!
arhb e2
7 2.5k 68 United Kingdom
13 Jun 2010 10:15AM

Quote:
telling it as it is that England were rubbish.

Oh c'mon, the goalie was good......
f8 e2
11 9.2k 22 England
13 Jun 2010 10:27AM
[link=]http://www.freeview.co.uk/freeview/HD[/link]Not everybody can get Freeview HD even with an HD ready tv+an HD box, because it will not be available until April 2011.
13 Jun 2010 10:40AM
At least you were spared some of Clive Tyldesley's pidgin English commentary
RichBrew e2
4 151 England
13 Jun 2010 11:40AM

Quote:At least you were spared some of Clive Tyldesley's pidgin English commentary

Motty rules, without question. He is a national treasure and it will be a sad day when he hangs up his lip microphone.

RichBrew
davey_griffo e2
5 213 165 England
13 Jun 2010 11:52AM

Quote:England looked more like amateurs. All that money paid to these players & what a clueless performance.

I agree. A lot of highly paid prima donas.

You know what gets me most? When they say something like "he's very right footed", or "he took that on his wrong foot". For 120,000.00 a week they've no business having a wrong foot.

In fact for that money, if I was a manager I'd expect a player to be able to score with his nudger!!
RichBrew e2
4 151 England
13 Jun 2010 12:28PM

Quote:England looked more like amateurs. All that money paid to these players & what a clueless performance.

I agree. A lot of highly paid prima donas.

Have we learned nothing from four years ago? England's overall performance in 2006, albeit far worse than we have so far seen, was enough to put me off club football altogether.

England win the world cup? Fat chance.

RichBrew

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.