Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Jalbum

26 Dec 2012 10:38AM
any one use Jalbum to publish images?

if so any views/comments etc?

thanks

Steve

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Carabosse e2
11 39.5k 269 England
26 Dec 2012 11:04AM
I've used it for several years. Out suits my needs. Smile
seahawk e2
7 582 United Kingdom
26 Dec 2012 11:25AM
Used it for a while, fairly easy to set up and very configurable.
You can find my album [link=here.]http://yorkist.jalbum.net[/link] to give you some idea of what you can make.

I recommend it over others I've tried.
26 Dec 2012 12:08PM
thanks both,

i'll give the free trial a go/

Seahawk, you may need to check your link...

cheers

Steve
Adee 4 6 United Kingdom
5 Jan 2013 1:28AM
I use it for my website which I'm still rebuilding a second time due to newer photos being added, I used it for 3 years and now I'm updating it slowly, but I don't use their website to host it, you can host it yourself, www.adee.pro very simple and easy to use,

You can also edit the HTML if your in to all that,.... Which I tend to alter after building the main structure of the site first then tweak it a bit,,,
bppowell 12 2.1k 2 England
5 Jan 2013 10:25AM
I have used it for a number of years. Use both the Jalbum software and the site to host the albums. I find it suits my needs and at the moment it is cheaper than using other companies.

The rules have changed now and if you want to sell images using the jalbum software you have to have pay for a licence. You can still it to free if your are not selling.

[link=bppowell.jalbum.net]Jalbum Site[/link]
Adee 4 6 United Kingdom
20 Jan 2013 1:20AM

Quote:I have used it for a number of years. Use both the Jalbum software and the site to host the albums. I find it suits my needs and at the moment it is cheaper than using other companies.

The rules have changed now and if you want to sell images using the jalbum software you have to have pay for a licence. You can still it to free if your are not selling.

Jalbum Site

Hi, i'd like to point out that you can sell photos without a licence, only if you host the site elsewhere, and add the HTML script in yourself... Ive done it using jalbum software....

Regards Adee
bppowell 12 2.1k 2 England
20 Jan 2013 11:01AM

Quote:Hi, i'd like to point out that you can sell photos without a licence, only if you host the site elsewhere, and add the HTML script in yourself... Ive done it using jalbum software....

Is that not breaking your license agreement?

If you go to the Jalbum page it says you need a Pro license to use it commercially.

Jalbum
Adee 4 6 United Kingdom
20 Jan 2013 11:28AM
Hi, is it? You buy the software to remove adverts and get support etc... When I did this back in 2010 it was a free version then and I did not alter the software in way, I added HTML script after uploading to a third party host, your software even had a pay cart installed with it for free... If I'm not altering the software and only adding HTML custom scripts after this site was created and uploaded... How is this wrong ?...

I now have a licences version and I find it more limited and not so good... Why all of a sudden jalbum have started on the band wagon and putting prices on everything..

Example... I buy a car but can't customise it to my tastes...

Or I stand in a car park for an hour... Do I need a ticket...

If the software has not be touched or altered... And after the site gas been compiled and uploaded... There's no harm really adding HTML to the header and footers, I can understand if it is hosted on the jalbum servers....

Jalbum used to be cool and I've recommended it to many organisations in the past, but in recent times I've switched to webs.com solely vased on the recent changes.

There is a big difference between hacking software or adding simple scripts after creation...

Regards Adee

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.