Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

James Herbert

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    Meheecho
    Meheecho  1275 forum posts United Kingdom
    20 Mar 2013 - 9:35 PM

Just heard the sad news that horror author,James Herbert , has died. An writer who entertained me for many years as a master of his genre . I'm sure he will be sorely missed by many

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    20 Mar 2013 - 9:35 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

paulcookphotography

Very sad news.

I cant say i was ever a big fan of horror novels, but what i read of his works were well written and the film adaptations and influences have been great.

StuartAt
    StuartAt e2 Member 91033 forum postsStuartAt vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
    21 Mar 2013 - 9:19 AM

Very sad news - discovered his stuff when I read an extract of 'Haunted'. Loved his earlier stuff like 'The Magic Cottage'. Sad

AlexandraSD
    21 Mar 2013 - 1:45 PM

Had no idea James Herbert had passed away, i always thought he was a better writer than stephen king, but then shaun hutson appeared on the scene who made herberts writing style look dated in comparison, but hutson was a bit predictable in his writing i felt, herbert had the edge when it came to spine tingling suspense, at least to a teenage me anyway, and you always felt you knew where you were with his work, often quite literally, you could picture yourself in his locations, the fictional small town and villages he so loved to portray darkly and sinisterly, as strange as Royston Vasey but as real as Milton Keynes.

Sleep deeply james.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.