Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

James Herbert

Meheecho e2
2 275 United Kingdom
20 Mar 2013 9:35PM
Just heard the sad news that horror author,James Herbert , has died. An writer who entertained me for many years as a master of his genre . I'm sure he will be sorely missed by many

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

20 Mar 2013 10:42PM
Very sad news.

I cant say i was ever a big fan of horror novels, but what i read of his works were well written and the film adaptations and influences have been great.
StuartAt e2
10 1.0k 6 England
21 Mar 2013 9:19AM
Very sad news - discovered his stuff when I read an extract of 'Haunted'. Loved his earlier stuff like 'The Magic Cottage'. Sad
21 Mar 2013 1:45PM
Had no idea James Herbert had passed away, i always thought he was a better writer than stephen king, but then shaun hutson appeared on the scene who made herberts writing style look dated in comparison, but hutson was a bit predictable in his writing i felt, herbert had the edge when it came to spine tingling suspense, at least to a teenage me anyway, and you always felt you knew where you were with his work, often quite literally, you could picture yourself in his locations, the fictional small town and villages he so loved to portray darkly and sinisterly, as strange as Royston Vasey but as real as Milton Keynes.

Sleep deeply james.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.