Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Japan Earthquake

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

User_Removed
11 Mar 2011 - 12:04 PM

The sights are horrific...

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
11 Mar 2011 - 12:04 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

MrGoatsmilk
11 Mar 2011 - 12:09 PM

Quote: This makes for interesting reading considering what has happened in Japan. I was searching for details of the "supermoon", which will be on the 19th, for photo opportunities. I don't normally believe in such stuff, however....
Malcolm

There was a very good BBC documentary called "Do we really need the Moon" shown about a month ago it's no longer on iPlayer but is on Youtube, I just found this site that has the video embedded and is worth watching.
Do we really need the Moon

Coleslaw
Coleslaw e2 Member 913403 forum postsColeslaw vcard Wales28 Constructive Critique Points
11 Mar 2011 - 12:14 PM

Quote: This makes for interesting reading considering what has happened in Japan. I was searching for details of the "supermoon", which will be on the 19th, for photo opportunities. I don't normally believe in such stuff, however....

I don't normally believe in things like that, but it is certainly an interesting reading.
Maybe the current tsunami is not the worst we will see then.....hmmmm.....

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139444 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
11 Mar 2011 - 12:17 PM

My best pal has a close friend living in Tokyo and has been trying to get through to him by phone and via Skype, without success Sad

It's probably because so much of their power is down - at least one hopes that's what it is............

MrGoatsmilk
11 Mar 2011 - 12:22 PM

Quote: My best pal has a close friend living in Tokyo and has been trying to get through to him by phone and via Skype, without success Sad

It's probably because so much of their power is down - at least one hopes that's what it is............

It more than likely is for those reasons plus everyone else is no doubt using the networks and clogging up what is available making it hard to get through.

User_Removed
11 Mar 2011 - 12:58 PM

There is no significant link between the moon and earthquakes...

That being said the quake is very badly economically timed but Japan has modern cites; buildings have larger resonant periods and are strong in comparison to other places around the world.

Imagine if this happened in somewhere less equipped to deal with the situation.

Last Modified By User_Removed at 11 Mar 2011 - 1:05 PM
Nigeyboy
Nigeyboy  6537 forum posts United Kingdom
11 Mar 2011 - 1:07 PM

This quake registered as the sixth biggest in the world, since 1900.

Nick_w
Nick_w e2 Member 73878 forum postsNick_w vcard England99 Constructive Critique Points
11 Mar 2011 - 1:13 PM

The US Geological survey site makes interesting reading.

Ive linked to the bit with the largest quakes in the last 7 days. When you look at the map you can see why the Pacific basin is regarded as the ring of fire.

brian1208
brian1208 e2 Member 1110267 forum postsbrian1208 vcard United Kingdom12 Constructive Critique Points
11 Mar 2011 - 1:58 PM

I've just heard from our friends via e-mail that they are all OK and their homes escaped damage (what a relief) . It does look as if maybe Tokyo escaped fairly lightly compared to Sendai region.

jabe
jabe  3 United Kingdom4 Constructive Critique Points
11 Mar 2011 - 2:33 PM

every story has an ending, and every ending has a begining,bless us all.

wrinkles
wrinkles e2 Member 5349 forum postswrinkles vcard United Kingdom
11 Mar 2011 - 2:37 PM

In the end who is our master?Sad

brian1208
brian1208 e2 Member 1110267 forum postsbrian1208 vcard United Kingdom12 Constructive Critique Points
11 Mar 2011 - 2:54 PM

Nature wins every time!

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139444 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
11 Mar 2011 - 3:46 PM

Just got an email (via iPhone) from our friend in Tokyo. He's Ok.

So it looks like some of the mobile networks are up and running.

User_Removed
11 Mar 2011 - 8:10 PM

Was sat there with my lil niece watching the bedtime hour on ceebeebies, been baby sitting her all day, so not seen or heard nowt until my bro rang and told me, flicked bbc news on and saw what was happening. My niece will be 4 in May but she knew this was not some film, it scared her so i turned it back onto waybaloo until she was picked up.

The Japanese are a strong and proud nation, they will soon recover and come back bigger than before. In the meantime, lets hope the international community dont f*** up again.

Last Modified By Moderator Team at 11 Mar 2011 - 9:29 PM
tomcat
tomcat e2 Member 95916 forum poststomcat vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
11 Mar 2011 - 8:51 PM

Just watched the latest newsreel.

Frightening to say the least

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.