Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Japan Earthquake

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

tomcat
tomcat e2 Member 85907 forum poststomcat vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
11 Mar 2011 - 9:08 PM

If the tetronic plates have decided to go tilt(which has happened in the past), then why should any part of the world be exempt?

Are we safe in blighty?

Who knows?

Perhaps Krakatoa was the start of it all??????

There have been the odd rumblings in the UK for the last twenty years - not all down to old mine workings either

Last Modified By tomcat at 11 Mar 2011 - 9:11 PM
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
11 Mar 2011 - 9:08 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

lobsterboy
lobsterboy Site Moderator 1014125 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
11 Mar 2011 - 9:20 PM

Quote: If the tetronic plates have decided to go tilt

Japan is on a subduction zone, the pacific plate is constantly moving under the Asian plate.
This is just normal behaviour for the planet.

Last Modified By lobsterboy at 11 Mar 2011 - 9:32 PM
tomcat
tomcat e2 Member 85907 forum poststomcat vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
11 Mar 2011 - 9:30 PM

Quote: This is just normal behaviour for the planet.

I applaud your confidenceSmile

lobsterboy
lobsterboy Site Moderator 1014125 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
11 Mar 2011 - 9:33 PM

Well nothing unusual is happening, so I have every reason to be confident.

Kris_Dutson
11 Mar 2011 - 9:36 PM

The poles are due to flip.........Yellowstone's due to go..........there could be a huge asteroid on it's way............that's the way of the universe.

But I still feel for Japan.

Last Modified By Kris_Dutson at 11 Mar 2011 - 9:38 PM
StrayCat
StrayCat e2 Member 1014626 forum postsStrayCat vcard Canada2 Constructive Critique Points
12 Mar 2011 - 2:48 AM

I also feel for the Japanese people; however, there probably isn't a country in the world better prepared than they are for a catastrophy such as this.

Scutter
Scutter e2 Member 61742 forum postsScutter vcard United Kingdom6 Constructive Critique Points
12 Mar 2011 - 9:45 AM

OMG as if they haven't got enough to deal with.....Sad

answersonapostcard
answersonapostcard Site Moderator 1012596 forum postsanswersonapostcard vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
12 Mar 2011 - 10:54 AM

I've just seen the news on that, if we thought it was bad yesterday... Sad

JJGEE
JJGEE  96276 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
12 Mar 2011 - 11:14 AM

In this modern day of rolling TV News & the Internet the UK Newspapers this morning with their images, have really brought home to me the impact of the devastation with front page & numerous inside pages, many being double page spreads.

A quick browse I think the biggest impact front pages are:
1) The Daily Telegraph
2) The Times

Will be interesting to see how the Sunday Newspapers react tomorrow ?

Sad Looks like the developing situation at the Nuclear Power Station could be quite serious.

Chaitanya
Chaitanya  4 India1 Constructive Critique Points
12 Mar 2011 - 12:41 PM

Nuclear reactor has exploded. Also Japan is know to rise from ashes I hope they do that one more time.

Coleslaw
Coleslaw e2 Member 913403 forum postsColeslaw vcard Wales28 Constructive Critique Points
12 Mar 2011 - 1:08 PM

I find it absolutely amazing how calm and orderly behaved Japanese are. They even queued for public phones after the event.

KarenFB
KarenFB Junior Gallery Team 84270 forum postsKarenFB vcard England162 Constructive Critique Points
13 Mar 2011 - 6:32 AM

I thought that. I watched where a boat full of little children were being evacuated (aged from a few months to about 3/4 years old and not one of them was crying! (I'm sure our children would cry because they were being picked up by a stranger!)

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1315152 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
13 Mar 2011 - 10:07 PM

Quote: Nuclear reactor has exploded. Also Japan is know to rise from ashes I hope they do that one more time

Far from it Smile

strawman
strawman  1022006 forum posts United Kingdom16 Constructive Critique Points
13 Mar 2011 - 10:14 PM

I have been exchanging EMAILs with a customer from Japan, it is amazing and humbling how well they are coping with such a large disaster, when we would be raging against it. They have interesting times ahead, even the relatively unaffected areas are facing power and possibly water cuts over the next week and there is the threat of more earthquakes.

I hope these nuclear plants can be closed down without further issues.

Last Modified By strawman at 13 Mar 2011 - 10:15 PM
Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1315152 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
13 Mar 2011 - 10:19 PM

I`ve had a lot from that part of the world myself today, very disturbing John.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.