Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Jessops Academy Training.

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    goexplorephotography

I was just wondering if you or anyone you know had recently booked a place on a Jessops Academy course, and have now been left high & dry.
    Since they have gone into administration a number of people may have purchased a Photography training day and now have no chance of getting a refund or receiving there training.

I do sympathise with all those that have been left out of pocket, And over the last few days i have mulled over what or if there is anything i could do to help my fellow photographers.
    Im not in a position to really say what i can do just yet, as i need an idea of numbers. So if you have booked a workshop, training day, course etc, with the jessops academy, please leave a reply to this thread. Stating the name and date of the course you had booked.

Regards Garreth Anderson

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    20 Jan 2013 - 6:39 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

scottishphototours

Blatant business plug there Gareth!!... Tongue

goexplorephotography

Actually its not.
    Im sorry if you dont understand that some people just like to help for nothing in return. Anything that i decide to do wil be free and done with the best intentions. At no point did my post mention my business or that i intended to make money from others misfortune. It was a genuine sincere request for information so i can assertain if i am in a position to help.

So please do not judge others by your own standards.

scottishphototours

Quote: So please do not judge others by your own standards.

Sense of humour bypass = OFF Wink

cheddar-caveman
    21 Jan 2013 - 6:56 PM

And "scottishphototours" isn't blatent advertising?Wink

Carabosse
    Carabosse e2 Member 1139463 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
    21 Jan 2013 - 6:57 PM

Quote: And "scottishphototours" isn't blatent advertising?Wink

Not when he doesn't do them any more! Grin

mcgannc
    mcgannc  5389 forum posts England3 Constructive Critique Points
    21 Jan 2013 - 7:02 PM

Seems the original post has been lost here...the OP was trying to offer help to those who may have been caught out! Nice gesture, don't you think?!?

KevSB
    KevSB  101407 forum posts United Kingdom5 Constructive Critique Points
    21 Jan 2013 - 7:10 PM

Quote: Seems the original post has been lost here...the OP was trying to offer help to those who may have been caught out! Nice gesture, don't you think?!?

Very nice offer, and much respect to Op for considering it. Just a shame the offer was spoiled

cheddar-caveman
    21 Jan 2013 - 7:11 PM

Absolutely - well done geox.......

goexplorephotography

Thank you for the supportive comments. And Yes the original thought has been lost a little. Hopefully word will get around and people who have been let down will get in touch.

Garreth

pulsar69
    pulsar69  101611 forum posts United Kingdom6 Constructive Critique Points
    26 Jan 2013 - 10:26 AM

Its always funny how sense of humor and more often sarcasm is impossible to translate into forum speak , I guess thats why people leave smileys after comments so shouldnt be taken quite so seriously , this is as has been said a fantastic gesture too and even if done for free could generate some great publicity for goexplore - and that in this day and age is what running a socially aware business is all about so hats off and hope you get some responses.

Nikon offered to take on all repairs from Jessops without any extra cost , as have other camera shops agree to help - its all about goes around comes around. Hope one day someone would do the same for me if i was in trouble dont we all ?

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.