Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Jessops Academy Training.

I was just wondering if you or anyone you know had recently booked a place on a Jessops Academy course, and have now been left high & dry.
Since they have gone into administration a number of people may have purchased a Photography training day and now have no chance of getting a refund or receiving there training.

I do sympathise with all those that have been left out of pocket, And over the last few days i have mulled over what or if there is anything i could do to help my fellow photographers.
Im not in a position to really say what i can do just yet, as i need an idea of numbers. So if you have booked a workshop, training day, course etc, with the jessops academy, please leave a reply to this thread. Stating the name and date of the course you had booked.

Regards Garreth Anderson

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

scottishphototours 10 2.6k 2 Scotland
20 Jan 2013 7:28PM
Blatant business plug there Gareth!!... Tongue
Actually its not.
Im sorry if you dont understand that some people just like to help for nothing in return. Anything that i decide to do wil be free and done with the best intentions. At no point did my post mention my business or that i intended to make money from others misfortune. It was a genuine sincere request for information so i can assertain if i am in a position to help.

So please do not judge others by your own standards.
scottishphototours 10 2.6k 2 Scotland
20 Jan 2013 8:54PM

Quote:So please do not judge others by your own standards.

Sense of humour bypass = OFF Wink
21 Jan 2013 6:56PM
And "scottishphototours" isn't blatent advertising?Wink
Carabosse e2
11 39.7k 269 England
21 Jan 2013 6:57PM

Quote:And "scottishphototours" isn't blatent advertising?Wink

Not when he doesn't do them any more! Grin
mcgannc 6 389 3 England
21 Jan 2013 7:02PM
Seems the original post has been lost here...the OP was trying to offer help to those who may have been caught out! Nice gesture, don't you think?!?
KevSB 10 1.5k 5 United Kingdom
21 Jan 2013 7:10PM

Quote:Seems the original post has been lost here...the OP was trying to offer help to those who may have been caught out! Nice gesture, don't you think?!?

Very nice offer, and much respect to Op for considering it. Just a shame the offer was spoiled
21 Jan 2013 7:11PM
Absolutely - well done geox.......
Thank you for the supportive comments. And Yes the original thought has been lost a little. Hopefully word will get around and people who have been let down will get in touch.

Garreth
pulsar69 10 1.6k 6 United Kingdom
26 Jan 2013 10:26AM
Its always funny how sense of humor and more often sarcasm is impossible to translate into forum speak , I guess thats why people leave smileys after comments so shouldnt be taken quite so seriously , this is as has been said a fantastic gesture too and even if done for free could generate some great publicity for goexplore - and that in this day and age is what running a socially aware business is all about so hats off and hope you get some responses.

Nikon offered to take on all repairs from Jessops without any extra cost , as have other camera shops agree to help - its all about goes around comes around. Hope one day someone would do the same for me if i was in trouble dont we all ?

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.