Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Jessops as a phoenix from the flames...

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    JackAllTog
    JackAllTog e2 Member 53591 forum postsJackAllTog vcard United Kingdom58 Constructive Critique Points
    11 Feb 2013 - 9:53 AM

It seems some of Jessops is rising from the ashes,

Signing up here will give you updates about what & when http://www.jessops.com/

And some of the photo books business is here to http://photo.jessops.com/

I wonder what will follow?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    11 Feb 2013 - 9:53 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

keith selmes
    11 Feb 2013 - 10:22 AM

But it says " Jessops Photo database will be transferred to CeWe Color Ltd".
    Doesn't that imply they'll simply take over the customer data ?

thewilliam
    11 Feb 2013 - 11:46 AM

Customer data seems to be one of the most valuable commodities these days. Do the administrators have anything else that they can sell?

scrimmy
    scrimmy e2 Member 6365 forum postsscrimmy vcard Scotland5 Constructive Critique Points
    11 Feb 2013 - 11:56 AM

Quote: Do the administrators have anything else that they can sell?

their grandmothers

Overread
    Overread  63746 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
    11 Feb 2013 - 12:22 PM

I wonder if its just a facelift (ie some other company bought the name itself and all its trading assets) and its totally a new engine under the bonnet - or if its the same car with a slightly smaller engine and a respray?

I will be interesting to find out, also if it is a purchase of the trading name I'm surprised it was never done with the likes of Woolworths or others (when one considers both the decades of solid trading and name building behind it and the cheapness of not having to re-label bought stores).

answersonapostcard
    answersonapostcard Site Moderator 1012602 forum postsanswersonapostcard vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
    11 Feb 2013 - 12:38 PM

Peter Jones announced an offer on Jessops online printing (edited - was 1st Feb), he's continuing with the online print business (he's bought the brand name).

Last Modified By answersonapostcard at 11 Feb 2013 - 12:40 PM
    keithh
    keithh e2 Member 1022924 forum postskeithh vcard Wallis and Futuna33 Constructive Critique Points
    11 Feb 2013 - 12:48 PM

Woolworths.

I'm pretty sure that CeWe were already Jessops online printers.

keith selmes
    11 Feb 2013 - 12:50 PM

Oh, so, CeWe already ran the service, so perhaps it keeps the name

"CeWe, who previously managed the Jessops Photo service, will carry on running the business with entrepreneur Peter Jones"

http://www.wrighthassall.co.uk/wh-news/2013/02/05/wh-works-round-clock-jessops-d...

mikehit
    mikehit  56350 forum posts United Kingdom9 Constructive Critique Points
    15 Feb 2013 - 2:45 PM

I am not sure this phoenix is ever going to fly agtain

Quote: Amateur Photographer (AP) can reveal the full scale of Jessops' financial troubles and the amount Jessops owed its key suppliers.

In total Jessops owed around 80m, including 42.6m to listed creditors.

Customers who had made deposits and not yet received goods, who returned goods and not received repayment or who were due compensation were owed 201,000.

Unredeemed customer gift cards totalled 869,000 and Jessops owed the taxman more than 1.3m.

http://www.amateurphotographer.co.uk/photo-news/539486/jessops-scale-of-financia...

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.