Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Jessops share price freefall!!!!! says BBC today

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

PeterOutdoors

Has anyone seen the BBC Business website news?
BBC
Now trading at 54p!!!!!! In the past year they have traded above 1.50! Ouch!

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
1 Mar 2007 - 5:27 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

answersonapostcard
answersonapostcard Site Moderator 1012603 forum postsanswersonapostcard vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
1 Mar 2007 - 5:30 PM

Not just Jessops suffering, whole stock market is taking a battering.

User_Removed
1 Mar 2007 - 5:36 PM

Three consecutive days of BIG drops...

randomrubble
1 Mar 2007 - 5:44 PM

The jessop situation is a bit worse though... not may companies have lost 50% of thier value, even this week

Helpful Post! This post was flagged as helpful
PeterOutdoors

They are saying that the management of Jessops have lost investor confidence... it may me someones head on the block... is that deserved?

mad-dogs
mad-dogs  122201 forum posts England
1 Mar 2007 - 6:05 PM

Quote: Now trading at 54p!!!!!! In the past year they have traded above 1.50! Ouch!

You can probably get Jessops shares from Warehouse Express for half the price Smile

PeterOutdoors

The grapevine has it that they (Warehouse Express) are up for sale. Not sure yet if it was always their managements exit strategy or not... Jessops have to act soon to recover their situation.

dark_lord
dark_lord Critique Team 101474 forum postsdark_lord vcard England128 Constructive Critique Points
1 Mar 2007 - 6:09 PM

Well I don't want Jessops going anywhere near WHE!

PeterOutdoors

At Jessops current share price I don't think they could afford the stamp to send the cheque :o)

answersonapostcard
answersonapostcard Site Moderator 1012603 forum postsanswersonapostcard vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
1 Mar 2007 - 6:12 PM

News here

PeterOutdoors

Thanks for the link - mine didn't seem to work.

gillk
gillk  7144 forum posts
1 Mar 2007 - 6:30 PM

Detect just a little bit of glee from some of you guys at Jessops current misfortune. However theres lots of people, me for one, who made their first foray into photography through purchasing from jessops, and thats got to be a good thing for all concerned, from manufacturers to users to forums. Now I have slightly more knowledge of the camera retail market they would not be my automatic 1st stop, but I was happy with my dealings with them, and they are in existence to make a profit. So before anyone has a little smirk at the news remember what they may have done for people like me, and more importantly, think about the 100`s of people who work and earn their living from Jessops. And no, I, nor any of my relatives or friends work for Jessops.

User_Removed
1 Mar 2007 - 6:42 PM

Not surprised........They are too big. Have too much presence in the high street, bet everyone of their shops has lost money this year. Would think they are all rented as well.
Col

PeterOutdoors

It's certainly not glee because of some of the reasons you give BUT ever since the Jessops family handed over their business to the 'new' management/owners, Jessops has just become more & more just like for example, Dixons (DSG). It's been a decline to me. Their High street strategy has been buying up older established photo equipment retailers & then focus on subjects such as footfall, square footage etc...

I suppose its about satisfying Jessops shareholders these days rather than it's customers needs for support beyond warranty periods?

chrisheathcote
chrisheathcote e2 Member 8241 forum postschrisheathcote vcard United Kingdom
1 Mar 2007 - 6:50 PM

Its hardly surprising though. I don't think I have ever had a good experience with Jessops, They're overpriced & never have what you want in stock. Half the time have no clue whatsover, when in to get my sigma 70-300. They eventually came out of the back store with a Tamron, not much difference!!

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.