Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Judging and constructive comments.

Xiaoli e2
6 661 14 South Africa
17 Mar 2009 9:40PM
lol viva la difference! I feel the same way about most portraits as you do about rocks n trees. And please save me from baby photos!

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

strokebloke 6 481 16 England
17 Mar 2009 10:07PM
I'm completely new to submitting images and them being subject to critique. And until recently, I thought that I was willing to read critique and receive modification. Until recently, whatever I've submitted has been recognised for what it is. A reasonable [even if fairly puerile] attempt, by someone with very little experience and even less artistic perception, attempting to do his best with a camera [& the technical aspects of photography] which he's learning to become familiar with. To many, my submissions may appear to be 'pretty rubbish' or even just 'rubbish' & not pretty at all Smile But until recently, they've always been treat with considerate respect for my attempt to improve. To submit. To learn. Until recently, I have considered critique and modification to be constructive and valued & have often identified it as such and appreciated it. And that has always counted a lot to me. For those of you who do the critique, with a regard and respect for the submittor, please continue - with honesty. Because those of you who do that, do so for the benefit of the person who has submitted their work, rather than for purely what you would like to see in a submitted image. I for one [I'm sure amongst countless others] value your perception, comment and well thought out advice.

Jack
17 Mar 2009 10:13PM
Many of the revered shots by the Masters are, in retrospect, record shots of the times and prevalent sociology.

It's just that they happened to do it rather well.
jas
Nick_w e2
7 4.1k 99 England
17 Mar 2009 11:16PM
I much prefer honest comments.. its how we all learn, at the time we might not always accept them but so long as they are given in a constructive matter I dont mind in the slightest.

I gave an honest comment the other day about an over cooked HDR image, - and i dont mind HDR 50% of my PF has a HDR and/or tonemapped element - the response back was quite brutal.... i'm thick skinned so it bothers me not one jot(ok some may leave off the skinned) but seriously its such responses that lead people to leave "nice shot" comments.

Whether we admit it or not votes are a nice thumbs up - some may get this by endless reciprical voting - but does it make it a better image?

How many votes on EPZ would Annie Librowicz, Bob Cappa, Robert CarlosClarke (especially the still lifes - not the obvious) or Ansel Adams get?
MalcolmS e2
9 1.1k 13 England
18 Mar 2009 8:38AM
In the light of the above, what's happened to the 'Pro Critque option' it seems to have disappeared (not that on the one occasion I asked for it I got it)
lobsterboy e2
11 14.3k 13 United Kingdom
18 Mar 2009 8:47AM
It's still there - you are only allowed to use it once a month though.
MalcolmS e2
9 1.1k 13 England
18 Mar 2009 8:50AM
It's well over a month since I used it but the option is not there when I upload
lobsterboy e2
18 Mar 2009 9:07AM
Not exactly "well over a month" - more like 5 days if my maths is correct.
MalcolmS e2
9 1.1k 13 England
18 Mar 2009 9:15AM
I am surprised as you, I don't remember asking for it on this shot. Must have had a senior moment, apologies
lobsterboy e2
18 Mar 2009 9:33AM
No worries - maybe the screen could be changed so that it says something like "Pro critique is not available as you last requested it on the xx/xx/xx"
MalcolmS e2
9 1.1k 13 England
18 Mar 2009 9:58AM
Not a bad idea, I'll leave that one with you
Chriscj 8 96 1 England
18 Mar 2009 9:59AM

Quote:Quote:if it's another picture of Southwold-bl**dy-Pier i just booked 4 days in a Southwold seafront b&b, im going to feel ever so guilty now if i get up and want to take a sunrise,
Phil

I wouldn't worry about it Phil, just do what pleases you. Give me a shout when your around and we can double up the amount of shots loaded. Smile

Chris
NEWMANP e2
6 1.6k 574 United Kingdom
18 Mar 2009 10:22AM
Just might do that Chris, im down there 18th May for 4 nights so 19th will be the first morning that i will be about ,weather permitting .
i am there with family, but ill be on my own at Dawn on the beach, it would be nice to meet you for an hour if you are in the locality.
Phil
mdpontin e2
10 6.0k Scotland
18 Mar 2009 10:23AM
I'm beginning to develop a sense of horrified fascination for the fabled 'Auntie Mabel'. So far, I've noted the following:

Quote:On balance I prefer the picture of 'Aunt Mabel'.
Remembered fondly, slightly out of focus.

Quote:A picture of Auntie Mabel usually does, by and large.

Quote:...there are similarities between a rock / tree and Auntie Mabel

So to sum up, Auntie Mabel is large, slightly out of focus (it's her age, you know), and bears some resemblance to a rock or a tree...
18 Mar 2009 10:58AM

Quote:It's still there - you are only allowed to use it once a month though

Is that why some members regularly exhibit symptoms similar to PMT? Wink
jas

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.