Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Judging Others

Paul Morgan e2
13 16.1k 6 England
29 Apr 2013 7:36PM

Quote:I remember reading that the big 4 supermarkets had estimated the UK population as 80 million

These figures is probably a whole lot closer than the government figures, nobody knows the true figures for illegals, or migrant workers.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

StrayCat e2
10 15.5k 2 Canada
29 Apr 2013 7:38PM
If it's anything like it is here, the immigrants run the immigration department.Tongue
Carabosse e2
11 39.7k 269 England
29 Apr 2013 8:10PM

Quote:If it's anything like it is here, the immigrants run the immigration department.Tongue

Yep - much the same! Grin
StrayCat e2
10 15.5k 2 Canada
29 Apr 2013 11:30PM
This thread seems to have morphed into a discussion on poverty, in a way, so I knew where to find some information for you, that will at the same time, maybe provide a bit of entertainment.

8 talks on the quest to end poverty.
lemmy e2
7 2.0k United Kingdom
30 Apr 2013 9:33PM

Quote:Ruthless capitalism, cultural imperialism, ultra-right gun-loving nutters, craven politicians in hock to corporate interests, bullying and hectoring foreign policy…

Oh, right. Could you classify where each of these the following fit into in your scheme of all that is America?

Miles Davis, Mark Twain, Louis Armstrong, Paul Auster, Woody Allen, George Marshall, Jackson Pollock, Dwight Eisenhower, Bob Dylan, BB King, Andy Warhol....
joolsb e2
10 27.1k 38 Switzerland
1 May 2013 9:47AM

Quote:Oh, right. Could you classify where each of these the following fit into in your scheme of all that is America?

Oh, good grief. Didn't you read my response to the previous poster who misinterpreted what I posted in accordance with his preconceived idea that I'm some kind of anti-American bigot?

The original poster wanted to know why America is judged so harshly. I merely offered up some possible answers. Quite how that makes me an anti-American bigot, perhaps you can answer…
lemmy e2
7 2.0k United Kingdom
1 May 2013 10:37AM

Quote:I merely offered up some possible answers.

Sorry if I misinterpreted. Personally, I could come up with an argument that fitted those people in to your suggested reasons and I thought you might be able to as well.

But if 2 people misinterpreted your words, perhaps they were not as clear as you would have liked.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.