Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Judging Others

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1314819 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
29 Apr 2013 - 7:36 PM

Quote: I remember reading that the big 4 supermarkets had estimated the UK population as 80 million

These figures is probably a whole lot closer than the government figures, nobody knows the true figures for illegals, or migrant workers.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
29 Apr 2013 - 7:36 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

StrayCat
StrayCat  1014407 forum posts Canada2 Constructive Critique Points
29 Apr 2013 - 7:38 PM

If it's anything like it is here, the immigrants run the immigration department.Tongue

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139385 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
29 Apr 2013 - 8:10 PM

Quote: If it's anything like it is here, the immigrants run the immigration department.Tongue

Yep - much the same! Grin

StrayCat
StrayCat  1014407 forum posts Canada2 Constructive Critique Points
29 Apr 2013 - 11:30 PM

This thread seems to have morphed into a discussion on poverty, in a way, so I knew where to find some information for you, that will at the same time, maybe provide a bit of entertainment.

8 talks on the quest to end poverty.

lemmy
lemmy  71762 forum posts United Kingdom
30 Apr 2013 - 9:33 PM

Quote: Ruthless capitalism, cultural imperialism, ultra-right gun-loving nutters, craven politicians in hock to corporate interests, bullying and hectoring foreign policy…

Oh, right. Could you classify where each of these the following fit into in your scheme of all that is America?

Miles Davis, Mark Twain, Louis Armstrong, Paul Auster, Woody Allen, George Marshall, Jackson Pollock, Dwight Eisenhower, Bob Dylan, BB King, Andy Warhol....

joolsb
joolsb  927115 forum posts Switzerland38 Constructive Critique Points
1 May 2013 - 9:47 AM

Quote: Oh, right. Could you classify where each of these the following fit into in your scheme of all that is America?

Oh, good grief. Didn't you read my response to the previous poster who misinterpreted what I posted in accordance with his preconceived idea that I'm some kind of anti-American bigot?

The original poster wanted to know why America is judged so harshly. I merely offered up some possible answers. Quite how that makes me an anti-American bigot, perhaps you can answer…

lemmy
lemmy  71762 forum posts United Kingdom
1 May 2013 - 10:37 AM

Quote: I merely offered up some possible answers.

Sorry if I misinterpreted. Personally, I could come up with an argument that fitted those people in to your suggested reasons and I thought you might be able to as well.

But if 2 people misinterpreted your words, perhaps they were not as clear as you would have liked.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.