Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

JUNIOR COMPETITION 7th & 8th APRIL 2010

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

New PortraitPro 12 SALE + 10% OFF code EPZROS814
MrsS
MrsS  74527 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
28 Mar 2010 - 10:55 AM

ROLL UP! ROLLUP!

At long last here it is! (Apologies for the delay, but this one has taken some organising)

Date - this competition will run over TWO days, Wednesday 7th and Thursday 8th April, with judging on Friday 9th.

The theme is "NEW BEGINNINGS"

AND NOW FOR THE EXCITING BIT!!

For this competition we have TWO main prizes, and both are AMAZING!!

We have the opportunity for three lucky winners to spend a day with top photographers learning how to photograph wildlife.

Due to the fact you have to go to these (with a responsible adult) we have decided to split the prizes into a Northern and Southern winner.

NORTHERN PRIZE

This is an all-inclusive day on a Welshot Imaging Workshop at Chester Zoo, with the opportunity to learn how the experts take fabulous images of the wildlife there, run by Steward Ellett. The voucher will be valid for twelve months, and we will sort out a date between the winner and Welshot Imaging.

SOUTHERN PRIZE

This is a day at Planet Reptile on the 8th May 2010 for TWO lucky winners, who will learn all about how to photograph different reptiles in natural and interesting environments, run by Angi Nelson.

For ALL these prizes, you need an accompanying adult.

Please let us know which prize you wish to enter for by including "N" or "S" in the title of your entry. Should you be okay to attend either, you need to include "NS". To be considered and entry, your image(s) need to have the title "New Beginnings" and you need to sign in on the meetings page.

As this is a two day competition, you can enter two images, one for each, or two for one! Smile

We will also be adding to the prize list with e2 membership and other items, which will be announced as soon as we know what they will be.

I hope you are all as excited about these fabulous prizes as we are! A HUGE THANKS to Angi & Lee for donating them! Smile

Any questions, please just ask!

Fran x

Last Modified By MrsS at 28 Mar 2010 - 10:57 AM
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
28 Mar 2010 - 10:55 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

jonah794
jonah794  51723 forum posts United Kingdom11 Constructive Critique Points
28 Mar 2010 - 11:36 AM

Sounds great Smile !! Can't wait to enter! I'm going to have to go for the south prize on both - but then again chester zoo is only a 2 and a half hour drive...... so there are essentially two comps with the same prize? What do abroad people enter as? North or South? Or Abroad? Smile

KarenFB
KarenFB Junior Gallery Team 84271 forum postsKarenFB vcard England163 Constructive Critique Points
28 Mar 2010 - 11:51 AM

Don't forget to sign in the 'Meeting Room' area! Smile

MrsS
28 Mar 2010 - 12:00 PM

Four signed up already! Cool! Smile

kaitlynbateup
28 Mar 2010 - 12:31 PM

I live in australia what happens if i won?

jonah794
28 Mar 2010 - 12:34 PM

That's what we are trying to work out Katie. We are trying our best to organise an overseas prize, but as you can imagine it is a difficult job! Smile We should have some more news about it soon. Don't worry there will be something.

JJGEE
JJGEE  96287 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
28 Mar 2010 - 1:09 PM

This looks like the toughest one to date !

All I can say is that I am glad I am no longer a "Junior", as, unlike some of the previous themes, I have absolutely no idea whatsoever what "New Beginnings " means, let alone how to capture it in an image.

Presumably the judge knows ! Wink so I will be looking out with keen interest on how the creative, talented youngsters interpret this Smile

KarenFB
KarenFB Junior Gallery Team 84271 forum postsKarenFB vcard England163 Constructive Critique Points
28 Mar 2010 - 1:14 PM

It could be anything................new growth, a baby 'something', it's Springtime - there's a lot of "New Beginnings" going on! Smile

Perhaps it's a challenge a few adults could join in with! Smile

Last Modified By KarenFB at 28 Mar 2010 - 1:14 PM
JJGEE
JJGEE  96287 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
28 Mar 2010 - 1:18 PM

Ah, perhaps then a shot of a digital camera would be OK as after 25+ years of a film camera this is a "New Beginning" for me Smile

Karen, no more clues for the youngsters though, let them work it out for themselves Wink

MrsS
28 Mar 2010 - 2:51 PM

That would be a perfect example, Jeff - and I'm sure that our Juniors will have lots more - can't wait to see them! Smile

Fran x

alianar
alianar  582 forum posts England2 Constructive Critique Points
28 Mar 2010 - 3:31 PM

im up for it it gonna be greatGrin

MrsS
28 Mar 2010 - 3:50 PM

Okeydokey - after a bit of a natter amongst the Junior Team, we have decided that if you happen to be a non-UK resident, but want to have a go at the competition, there will be an equally FABULOUS prize of a WHOLE year's e2 membership!!!

Just add "O" to your titles Smile

So now you can all get your thinking caps on! Smile

Fran x

jonah794
28 Mar 2010 - 3:55 PM

Hope that's OK with all oversea people Smile

v8dunc
v8dunc  7333 forum posts Scotland4 Constructive Critique Points
29 Mar 2010 - 12:00 AM

Do you have a proper northern prize,as your north is 250 miles south of us in south west scotlandGrinGrinGrin.should be a midlands prize.

only joking ,all the best everyone

Duncan

MrsS
29 Mar 2010 - 6:18 AM

LOL, Duncan - need to get my geography sorted! Wink

Fran x

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.