Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Just A Beginner

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    SaintKX
    SaintKX  5
    5 Mar 2009 - 3:48 PM

So I've been interested in Photography for quite a while now, and finally got a Sony A200 bought for me last week.
    I'd really just like some general usage tips, maybe a guide or something - as I prefer to be told what to do to start with, figure out what everything does because I find the Instruction Manual it came with, very poor.
    Thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    5 Mar 2009 - 3:48 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

jken
    jken  81672 forum posts United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
    5 Mar 2009 - 3:57 PM

You wouldn't go far wrong looking at some of the ephotozine.TV tutorials available by clicking the link at the top.

jk

Overread
    Overread  63763 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
    5 Mar 2009 - 4:10 PM

Also check out these two books

The Digital Photography book by Scot Kelby - this is a good book for beginners as it outlines base settings for different subjects and situations as well as some shooting and setup advice. Its not looking to go indepth nor to explain things in full - its really just giving you a good outline and a starting point to work from

Understanding Exposure by Bryan Peterson - this is a more indepth book (though still aimed at the beginner) which aims to teach you how aperture, shutter speed and ISO combine to give you an exposure as well as how to get correct exposures and creativly correct exposures. Its a good book to build on the first since this book starts to answer the whys of settings and how to have more control over things.

rowarrior
    rowarrior  64350 forum posts Scotland9 Constructive Critique Points
    5 Mar 2009 - 7:06 PM

You could also see if your local college has an evening class next term for beginners, that should be fairly soon.

marc484ie
    marc484ie  731 forum posts Ireland1 Constructive Critique Points
    5 Mar 2009 - 7:54 PM

goto amazon and buy the book called "Understanding Exposure" by bryan peterson

strokebloke
    5 Mar 2009 - 10:55 PM

Hi SaintKX. Welcome. Don't forget to go to 'Introduce Yourself'. Tell us a bit about yourself. Lots of good guys on here, always willing to help.
    See you around. Smile

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.