Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Just finished 6th form, now on a gap year... what do I do now?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    TSM
    TSM  3
    22 Jul 2010 - 12:17 AM

Obviously, I don't want to be boring and spend this whole year working at a job I despise. I want to gain experience; with photography Smile How do I do this though? I've applied for jobs online, assisting photographers etc but I never get any replies. The problem is that my work isn't exactly conventional, it's very different. My favourite position would be to work with a designer who wants to sell their collections. I'd like to photograph their clothes in a very unique but beautiful way. Or I would like to work for a fashion boutique, again photographing their clothes in intriguing ways. I have this deep love for fashion photography, it is definitely my favourite genre. So anything related to this would suit me very well.

I would really appreciate any help, advice, ideas! Or maybe you could even employ me if you are interested?

I live only 40 minutes away from London Smile

Thanks in advance for your help!!!
    x

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    22 Jul 2010 - 12:17 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Toonman
    Toonman  71420 forum posts England2 Constructive Critique Points
    22 Jul 2010 - 6:25 AM

Welcome Natasha, I'm sure someone can help you progress.

10-welcome-light.jpg

Adam

cameracat
    cameracat  108575 forum posts Norfolk Island61 Constructive Critique Points
    22 Jul 2010 - 1:21 PM

First thing to bare in mind is that when working for another photographer, Chances are they will want to direct their own shots, Many will not be wild about an assistant who thinks they know better.....Sad

That said you have some good ideas, They might appeal to the actual fashion designers/makers, But many of these will have a fairly fixed idea on how they want their products marketed.

However there is no harm in trying to persuade them otherwise......Smile

What do you have to loose.....Grin

My advise would be a " Cold Call " direct approach to as many fashion establishments as you dare too, Be a nuisance call at the door, Show them what you have done.

Who knows, You might get lucky and light the candle of one or two of them, After that you may even get called upon.

Its gotta be worth a go, You have nothing to loose, You could get lucky.....Smile

Try and get hold of a London Business directory, Track them down, Knock on the door, Don't take a knock if some are not keen.

If you believe in yourself, You can achieve anything......Wink

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.