Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Just got an Olympus E-1! And can do with some advice.

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

pablophotographer

Hi Danny I checked it myself it's only the Polish photographer there, the japanese one is not there anymore, they have revamped the site and taken out some photographers, the Polish is worth checking. I am not sure if the Japanese photographer was named Takeda... I was looking for Campari pictures but didn't find it.. Good luck !

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
14 Mar 2013 - 11:12 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1314803 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
14 Mar 2013 - 11:17 PM

The Polish photographer was a member on here but I understand he used the E300.

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1314803 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
14 Mar 2013 - 11:31 PM

But I don`t believe he was classed as a pro, just as aspiring talent, I can`t find the page now Smile

dannyr
dannyr  4 United Kingdom
17 Mar 2013 - 8:59 PM

Paul, just thought I better let you know the grip arrived yesterday, I charged it up today and had a play around, and it works brilliantly.

Its lighter then I thought and doesnít really add that much bulk to the camera, have to say its very comfortable.

I attached a picture (Well I think I did!)

Thanks so much for giving me the grip, it is really is appreciated. I think I may have to pop out the office for a bit of and extended lunch tomorrow Smile

Kind regards,

Dan

p3173016.jpg

Paul Morgan
17 Mar 2013 - 9:08 PM

Glad you got it Ok.

Had a job finding the charger Smile

Last Modified By Paul Morgan at 17 Mar 2013 - 9:09 PM
dannyr
dannyr  4 United Kingdom
17 Mar 2013 - 9:13 PM

Guys, thanks for checking for me, I took a look but no luck.
I have found an E-1 users group on flicker which amazingly is still going strong, ill have a search there for Takeda and see if he pops up, you never know.

Paul Morgan
17 Mar 2013 - 9:18 PM

Its a good camera, better than the 10D and 300D in its day Smile

pablophotographer

That's the page in the Olympus website: http://www.olympus.co.uk/site/en/c/photography_cameras_inspiration/stories/wacla...

Paul Morgan
18 Mar 2013 - 2:42 PM

Yeh thanks, it was the old pages I couldn`t find Smile

pablophotographer

Me either...it seems they have changed the website ...

bobhp
bobhp  2
2 Apr 2013 - 11:23 AM

Hi Dannyr,
the E-1 is a great camera I had one for many years also an E-3 and E-5 until about a year ago when I decided to change systems.
I have a manual for it if it's any use to you, I don't want anything for it just let me know.
Bob

Last Modified By bobhp at 2 Apr 2013 - 11:24 AM
Logomeister
4 Apr 2013 - 6:09 AM

image.jpg
This shot was taken with the Olympus E-5 using a 200mm lens + 2X Teleconverter and autofocus.

Logomeister
4 Apr 2013 - 6:16 AM

2-image.jpg1-image.jpg
I truly LOVE Olympus. These were taken with the E-5 as well.

I started on the Olympus E-10 then E-20 followed by the E-1 & now the beautiful E-5
Its got the quickest AF with the Zuiko Lenses that I have ever seen.

3-image.jpg
This was taken on my E-1. It may be an older camera but don't kid yourself. It's fantastic !

dannyr
dannyr  4 United Kingdom
5 Apr 2013 - 8:54 AM

Bob, thanks for the kind offer, but I managed to download a copy, plus the nice thing about the E-1 is thereís only a handful of options Smile

Logomeister, fantastic photos. Itís always nice to see what the E-1 and E-5 can do.
Just picked up an old 40-150, so really looking forward to going out and shooting some wildlife (as soon as it stops snowing!).

Logomeister
9 Apr 2013 - 4:00 AM

4-image.jpg
Shot with the E-5 50-200mm Zuiko lens with my 2X TC

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.