Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Just got an Olympus E-1! And can do with some advice.

14 Mar 2013 11:12PM
Hi Danny I checked it myself it's only the Polish photographer there, the japanese one is not there anymore, they have revamped the site and taken out some photographers, the Polish is worth checking. I am not sure if the Japanese photographer was named Takeda... I was looking for Campari pictures but didn't find it.. Good luck !

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Paul Morgan e2
13 16.1k 6 England
14 Mar 2013 11:17PM
The Polish photographer was a member on here but I understand he used the E300.
Paul Morgan e2
13 16.1k 6 England
14 Mar 2013 11:31PM
But I don`t believe he was classed as a pro, just as aspiring talent, I can`t find the page now Smile
dannyr e2
5 18 United Kingdom
17 Mar 2013 8:59PM
Paul, just thought I better let you know the grip arrived yesterday, I charged it up today and had a play around, and it works brilliantly.

Its lighter then I thought and doesnít really add that much bulk to the camera, have to say its very comfortable.

I attached a picture (Well I think I did!)

Thanks so much for giving me the grip, it is really is appreciated. I think I may have to pop out the office for a bit of and extended lunch tomorrow Smile

Kind regards,

Dan

p3173016.jpg

Paul Morgan e2
13 16.1k 6 England
17 Mar 2013 9:08PM
Glad you got it Ok.

Had a job finding the charger Smile
dannyr e2
5 18 United Kingdom
17 Mar 2013 9:13PM
Guys, thanks for checking for me, I took a look but no luck.
I have found an E-1 users group on flicker which amazingly is still going strong, ill have a search there for Takeda and see if he pops up, you never know.
Paul Morgan e2
13 16.1k 6 England
17 Mar 2013 9:18PM
Its a good camera, better than the 10D and 300D in its day Smile
17 Mar 2013 10:07PM
Paul Morgan e2
13 16.1k 6 England
18 Mar 2013 2:42PM
Yeh thanks, it was the old pages I couldn`t find Smile
19 Mar 2013 12:24AM
Me either...it seems they have changed the website ...
bobhp e2
2 19
2 Apr 2013 11:23AM
Hi Dannyr,
the E-1 is a great camera I had one for many years also an E-3 and E-5 until about a year ago when I decided to change systems.
I have a manual for it if it's any use to you, I don't want anything for it just let me know.
Bob
image.jpg

This shot was taken with the Olympus E-5 using a 200mm lens + 2X Teleconverter and autofocus.
2-image.jpg

1-image.jpg

I truly LOVE Olympus. These were taken with the E-5 as well.

I started on the Olympus E-10 then E-20 followed by the E-1 & now the beautiful E-5
Its got the quickest AF with the Zuiko Lenses that I have ever seen.

3-image.jpg

This was taken on my E-1. It may be an older camera but don't kid yourself. It's fantastic !
dannyr e2
5 18 United Kingdom
5 Apr 2013 8:54AM
Bob, thanks for the kind offer, but I managed to download a copy, plus the nice thing about the E-1 is thereís only a handful of options Smile

Logomeister, fantastic photos. Itís always nice to see what the E-1 and E-5 can do.
Just picked up an old 40-150, so really looking forward to going out and shooting some wildlife (as soon as it stops snowing!).
4-image.jpg

Shot with the E-5 50-200mm Zuiko lens with my 2X TC

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.