Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Just to say hi

jaecat 7 29 United Kingdom
24 Oct 2007 8:55PM
hi everyone,i have been a member here for about a month,its a very friendly site.i have entered the monday night comp.its great to take photos and have people look at them and comment on them,it gives me a boost,as a disabled lady i would like to know any tips on getting great shots,for some one who has mobility problems.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

CathyT e2
8 7.3k 18 United Kingdom
24 Oct 2007 9:06PM
Hi Jane....welcome to EPZ...... you say you have mobility problems, can I ask are you in a chair...I only ask as my sister is and so I could possible pass on some tips for equipment etc...

Cathy
CathyT e2
8 7.3k 18 United Kingdom
24 Oct 2007 9:15PM
...just ask anything you would like to know , you will find a very friendly bunch on here that will be more than happy to pass on their knowledge..

My Sis....
cantona43 e2
9 890 4 England
24 Oct 2007 9:19PM
Hi Jane welcome aboard I went on a adult learning photography course at my local nightschool and they had disabled pupils 2 were in wheelchairs and had adapted tripods. I know of a site dedicated to disabled photographers if you want more info you could email me ndavies@ntlworld.com
Neil
KarenFB 8 4.3k 163 England
25 Oct 2007 7:31AM
Hi Jane, welcome to EPZ. Glad to see you've settled in.
Barbaraj 7 450 England
25 Oct 2007 8:13AM
hi Jane,
Having arthritis I can't bend , or kneel to get the better photo. I've just tried to work within my means.
Barbara
MeanGreeny 9 3.7k England
25 Oct 2007 9:37AM

Quote:Hi Jane,
Having arthritis I can't bend , or kneel to get the better photo. I've just tried to work within my means. Barbara

Barbara,

Have you seen an angle finder ? It attaches to an eyepiece and may allow you to get a lower perspective. How much, will depend upon you range of movement.

HTH

Canon Angle Finder - other makes and cheaper ones are available
CathyT e2
8 7.3k 18 United Kingdom
25 Oct 2007 10:17AM
My sis , who is quadraplegic, uses a MAGIC ARM with the SUPER CLAP this attaches to her chair arm with the arm positioned across her and the camera on the shoe........

She has a Fuji S5000 which is very easy for her to turn on and off (as her hands are in gloves)...we took a long time choosing it for its ease of use and has enabled her to continue with her hobby...

I also had a shutter release cable made to fit the camera as it didn't have that facility...she uses her camera all the time taking pics of the kids sports days etc .....
cantona43 e2
9 890 4 England
25 Oct 2007 10:21AM
Found this site looks like a very good one for disabled photographers well worth looking at
www.disabledphotographers.co.uk
Neil
CathyT e2
8 7.3k 18 United Kingdom
25 Oct 2007 10:29AM
I see they have a stand at Focus too.
jaecat 7 29 United Kingdom
25 Oct 2007 2:33PM
thanks for all your kind advise.i will give them all a go.as for my disability,i dont use a chair but i cant stand for long periods of time and i cant bend well,but i think people with disabilities just find a way for most problems dont they.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.