Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Just to say hi

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    jaecat
    jaecat  629 forum posts United Kingdom
    24 Oct 2007 - 8:55 PM

hi everyone,i have been a member here for about a month,its a very friendly site.i have entered the monday night comp.its great to take photos and have people look at them and comment on them,it gives me a boost,as a disabled lady i would like to know any tips on getting great shots,for some one who has mobility problems.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    24 Oct 2007 - 8:55 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

CathyT
    CathyT e2 Member 87271 forum postsCathyT vcard United Kingdom18 Constructive Critique Points
    24 Oct 2007 - 9:06 PM

Hi Jane....welcome to EPZ...... you say you have mobility problems, can I ask are you in a chair...I only ask as my sister is and so I could possible pass on some tips for equipment etc...

Cathy

CathyT
    CathyT e2 Member 87271 forum postsCathyT vcard United Kingdom18 Constructive Critique Points
    24 Oct 2007 - 9:15 PM

...just ask anything you would like to know , you will find a very friendly bunch on here that will be more than happy to pass on their knowledge..

My Sis....

Last Modified By CathyT at 24 Oct 2007 - 9:18 PM
    cantona43
    cantona43 e2 Member 8863 forum postscantona43 vcard England4 Constructive Critique Points
    24 Oct 2007 - 9:19 PM

Hi Jane welcome aboard I went on a adult learning photography course at my local nightschool and they had disabled pupils 2 were in wheelchairs and had adapted tripods. I know of a site dedicated to disabled photographers if you want more info you could email me ndavies@ntlworld.com
    Neil

KarenFB
    KarenFB Junior Gallery Team 84254 forum postsKarenFB vcard England162 Constructive Critique Points
    25 Oct 2007 - 7:31 AM

Hi Jane, welcome to EPZ. Glad to see you've settled in.

Last Modified By KarenFB at 25 Oct 2007 - 7:32 AM
    Barbaraj
    Barbaraj  7450 forum posts England
    25 Oct 2007 - 8:13 AM

hi Jane,
    Having arthritis I can't bend , or kneel to get the better photo. I've just tried to work within my means.
    Barbara

MeanGreeny
    25 Oct 2007 - 9:37 AM

Quote: Hi Jane,
    Having arthritis I can't bend , or kneel to get the better photo. I've just tried to work within my means. Barbara

Barbara,

Have you seen an angle finder ? It attaches to an eyepiece and may allow you to get a lower perspective. How much, will depend upon you range of movement.

HTH

Canon Angle Finder - other makes and cheaper ones are available

CathyT
    25 Oct 2007 - 10:17 AM

My sis , who is quadraplegic, uses a MAGIC ARM with the SUPER CLAP this attaches to her chair arm with the arm positioned across her and the camera on the shoe........

She has a Fuji S5000 which is very easy for her to turn on and off (as her hands are in gloves)...we took a long time choosing it for its ease of use and has enabled her to continue with her hobby...

I also had a shutter release cable made to fit the camera as it didn't have that facility...she uses her camera all the time taking pics of the kids sports days etc .....

Last Modified By CathyT at 25 Oct 2007 - 10:20 AM
    cantona43
    cantona43 e2 Member 8863 forum postscantona43 vcard England4 Constructive Critique Points
    25 Oct 2007 - 10:21 AM

Found this site looks like a very good one for disabled photographers well worth looking at
    www.disabledphotographers.co.uk
    Neil

Last Modified By cantona43 at 25 Oct 2007 - 10:22 AM
    CathyT
    25 Oct 2007 - 10:29 AM

I see they have a stand at Focus too.

jaecat
    jaecat  629 forum posts United Kingdom
    25 Oct 2007 - 2:33 PM

thanks for all your kind advise.i will give them all a go.as for my disability,i dont use a chair but i cant stand for long periods of time and i cant bend well,but i think people with disabilities just find a way for most problems dont they.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.