Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Just When You Thought Things Were On The Up...........

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    janeez
    janeez e2 Member 61182 forum postsjaneez vcard United Kingdom8 Constructive Critique Points
    8 Feb 2011 - 12:52 AM

Just when you thought things were on the up...........

Life has a nasty habit of slapping you in the face. Last week my hubby had some really good news that the blood clot on his heart had reduced significantly enough to no longer be seen as a danger to his health. Super fit, non smoker and a mad keen mountain biker it was so unfair that he had become so unwell in the first place. So this was great news.

However, he is not always very sensible. Today he (yet again) climbed in the wheelie bin to flatten it down a bit. As he got out he somehow got his foot caught and fell. He went over a low wall hitting his face on the concrete steps in our garden. He felt his two top teeth break first as they met the concrete and then the bottom teeth went into his lower lip. His nose and chin acted as a brake and the subsequent grazing resembles a Hitler moustache! Finally the bruising sustained to his lower back from the final impact is something to behold!

Most people would immediately take themselves off to casualty after an accident like this, wouldn't they? Not Martin. He had a customer to pick up from the train station and was not about to let them down. I had to wait for him to come home 2 hours after the event so I could drag him off to the hospital!

No wonder my hair has turned grey! Sad

Has he made a fuss about all this?......Not at all, not even so much as a little whimper! But from now on he stays out of the wheelie bin!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    8 Feb 2011 - 12:52 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

gary_d
    gary_d e2 Member 6520 forum postsgary_d vcard Wales12 Constructive Critique Points
    8 Feb 2011 - 1:31 AM

What a brave chap, accident prone but very brave. - gary

KarenFB
    KarenFB Junior Gallery Team 84270 forum postsKarenFB vcard England162 Constructive Critique Points
    8 Feb 2011 - 7:10 AM

Oh! Poor chap - I'd've loved to have seen the expression of whoever he collected at the train station!! I hope he feels better soon!

Men! They all do it - once my hubby smashed himself in the face with a concrete block because he was overbalancing and "Didn't want to damage the newly built wall!".

whipspeed
    whipspeed e2 Member 104040 forum postswhipspeed vcard United Kingdom22 Constructive Critique Points
    8 Feb 2011 - 8:20 AM

Quote: mad keen mountain biker

Says it all, I think it must be a cyclist thing, they just carry on. Hope he gets better soon and good news about the clot.

digicammad
    digicammad  1121988 forum posts United Kingdom37 Constructive Critique Points
    8 Feb 2011 - 8:33 AM

Nice one. Being a super fit keen biker myself, who ended up with a faulty heart valve thanks to a flu like virus, I know what he must have gone through.

Glad his heart is sorted, hope he gets some nice gold teeth to replace those taken out by the wall. Smile

Ian

BubbaG2000
    8 Feb 2011 - 8:36 AM

Sounds like a trooper! Good news about the clot, but keep him away from bins in future.

And PS... Think of it as a Charlie Chaplin moustache instead!

MrGoatsmilk
    8 Feb 2011 - 9:10 AM

Get him a full face helmet to wear when taking out the rubbish Smile

andart
    andart  12478 forum posts United Kingdom
    8 Feb 2011 - 11:04 AM

wheelie bins are for cats Smile

kaybee
    kaybee  103794 forum posts Scotland24 Constructive Critique Points
    8 Feb 2011 - 11:42 AM

Daft sod.

But never get into a bin - or use hands to try and compact rubbish ............ I know somebody who severed the tentons and the artery in her wrist on a can whilst doing this. She spent days in hospital having operations and was lucky not to bleed to death

pennyspike
    pennyspike  112068 forum posts United Kingdom29 Constructive Critique Points
    8 Feb 2011 - 11:59 AM

Sorry about the series of problems but it does sound like he's a treasure & well worth looking after.Wink
    I wonder who did the risk assessment on Wheelie bins. I hate them with a vengeance.My sister-in-law broke a rib when she fell into hers trying to clean it. They blow into the road after the 6am emptying and turn the street into something resembling the local tip.In fact we prefer to drop stuff off at the local recycling depot when passing rather than cope with the battle of the bins.

janeez
    janeez e2 Member 61182 forum postsjaneez vcard United Kingdom8 Constructive Critique Points
    8 Feb 2011 - 7:27 PM

Thank you all for your lovely comments. I think he learned a valuable lesson. Just had a look at the bruise on his back!!!!!!! Could be one for the photo gallery but only for the very brave and definately not squeamish!

Anyone like to have a look?Wink

tomcat
    tomcat e2 Member 85907 forum poststomcat vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
    8 Feb 2011 - 7:40 PM

Thanks for sharing JaneSmile

Best wishes to the "invalid"

Adrian

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.