Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

kadamba by Bob Carlos Clarke value

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    beelzebomb
    16 Jun 2013 - 12:30 PM

I have I limited edition print of the above, it was limited to 500 prints & signed by Bob Carlos Clarke which I'm considering selling. Does anyone have any idea what these are currently selling for or any useful advice?
    [Image removed by epz: Sorry, but no adult content in the forums]
    Thanks

Last Modified By Moderator Team at 16 Jun 2013 - 12:41 PM
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    16 Jun 2013 - 12:30 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Pete
    Pete Site Moderator 1318446 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
    16 Jun 2013 - 1:24 PM

Best place to sell is eBay and you will probably get between 150 and 400. I would suggest a really detailed description of print and condition - authenticity etc. i would start at 99p no reserve ( gamble but usually pays off) and list for 10 days. List at a time that many people are online so it ends at a convenient time for people to make a last minute bid. Not 1am in the morning. Consider listing to include other countries as that increases number of potential buyers and the more you have bidding, the higher it will go. Makes sure you include a postage amount that will cover sending insured.
    Makes sure the title is good,and include a detailed photo so people can see condition etc.

Robal
    Robal e2 Member 8Robal vcard United Kingdom3 Constructive Critique Points
    16 Jun 2013 - 6:27 PM

I would contact somewhere like the little black gallery or eyestorm to find out a value. I doubt ebay will be the best place unless you are desperate to get rid of it.

I have seen this at over 5000 printed on gelatin and signed so I imagine the limited run could have a reasonable value too to a collector. Bob's work went up enormously in value after his suicide.

Hope you get a good price.

Pete
    Pete Site Moderator 1318446 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
    16 Jun 2013 - 10:51 PM

Quote: I doubt ebay will be the best place unless you are desperate to get rid of it.

Wow, the little black gallery does have some really high prices for Bob's work. My mistake eBay may not be the best place.

beelzebomb
    17 Jun 2013 - 12:10 AM

Thanks for the replies, I'd certainly expect to get into 4 figures with this, I'll try the gallery, tho I did politely ask another gallery that sells his work and didn't even get a reply. Clearly they're not in the market for dispelling the aloof attitude that some think that all galleries have!

beelzebomb
    17 Jun 2013 - 12:15 AM

Worth noting too that the model was later murdered which adds an even more macabre twist.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.