Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Kata Camera Backpack

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    ade123
    ade123 e2 Member 1163 forum postsade123 vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
    13 Sep 2013 - 7:02 PM

Hi, I have finally decided to purchase a backpack as I have been using a normal one for my gear but as my kit is growing I need more protection etc.
    I am looking at either the kata bumblebee DL-210 or the Minibee 110-PL and I wondered if anyone has either of these bags and could recommend them.The main reason for the choice is that I travel to ireland a fair bit and they seem to be ideal kit wise and personal effects etc.
    Any thoughts and advice will be welcome.

Regards Adrian

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    13 Sep 2013 - 7:02 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

779HOB
    779HOB  21020 forum posts United Kingdom
    13 Sep 2013 - 8:54 PM

I have a Kata 3n1 25pl - not the one you are looking at I know. I think it's a really well made bag and I use it allot. When I first got it I wasn't that happy. It they say you can wear it as a backpack using the straps with as a normal backpack or with cross over straps. I find it very poor in either of those positions.

However, has a sling it's very good and this is how I use it. I only use the bag when I don't have two cameras with me so swapping lenses is really good, the bag works as a table in effect and allows you to change lens while walking.

I did find the bad small, but really you can stuff a lot of kit in one I tend to have a D4 with a 17-35mm on and a 70-200mm in the main part and then batteries and 50mm bits and bobs in the top part.

But it's not a Bubblebee or Minibee. So, maybe this is totally useless! I would say the Kata bag is really hard wearing, waterproof and works well as a cushion if you want to keep your bum dry when sitting on a wall or something.

ade123
    ade123 e2 Member 1163 forum postsade123 vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
    13 Sep 2013 - 9:29 PM

Hi 779HOB,
    I've just had a look at the bag you mention and it certainly looks like what I am looking for.The problem I have is actually getting to see the bags as there are no camera shops near where I live so its hard to decide which to go for but it certainly looks what I need and looks right for hand luggage size.

Adrian

779HOB
    779HOB  21020 forum posts United Kingdom
    13 Sep 2013 - 9:34 PM

I had the same problem about seeing bags so looked around online allot and ended up with the Kata. Like I say I was disappointed with it at first but it works well for me now. I prefer to use a bum bag for batteries, cards, flash etc and have two bodies on slings but for when I'm on boats or slower magazine shoots the Kata is what I take.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.