Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Kata Camera Backpack

ade123 e2
1 174 1 United Kingdom
13 Sep 2013 7:02PM
Hi, I have finally decided to purchase a backpack as I have been using a normal one for my gear but as my kit is growing I need more protection etc.
I am looking at either the kata bumblebee DL-210 or the Minibee 110-PL and I wondered if anyone has either of these bags and could recommend them.The main reason for the choice is that I travel to ireland a fair bit and they seem to be ideal kit wise and personal effects etc.
Any thoughts and advice will be welcome.

Regards Adrian

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

779HOB 2 1.0k United Kingdom
13 Sep 2013 8:54PM
I have a Kata 3n1 25pl - not the one you are looking at I know. I think it's a really well made bag and I use it allot. When I first got it I wasn't that happy. It they say you can wear it as a backpack using the straps with as a normal backpack or with cross over straps. I find it very poor in either of those positions.

However, has a sling it's very good and this is how I use it. I only use the bag when I don't have two cameras with me so swapping lenses is really good, the bag works as a table in effect and allows you to change lens while walking.

I did find the bad small, but really you can stuff a lot of kit in one I tend to have a D4 with a 17-35mm on and a 70-200mm in the main part and then batteries and 50mm bits and bobs in the top part.

But it's not a Bubblebee or Minibee. So, maybe this is totally useless! I would say the Kata bag is really hard wearing, waterproof and works well as a cushion if you want to keep your bum dry when sitting on a wall or something.
ade123 e2
1 174 1 United Kingdom
13 Sep 2013 9:29PM
Hi 779HOB,
I've just had a look at the bag you mention and it certainly looks like what I am looking for.The problem I have is actually getting to see the bags as there are no camera shops near where I live so its hard to decide which to go for but it certainly looks what I need and looks right for hand luggage size.

Adrian
779HOB 2 1.0k United Kingdom
13 Sep 2013 9:34PM
I had the same problem about seeing bags so looked around online allot and ended up with the Kata. Like I say I was disappointed with it at first but it works well for me now. I prefer to use a bum bag for batteries, cards, flash etc and have two bodies on slings but for when I'm on boats or slower magazine shoots the Kata is what I take.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.