Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Killing Rabbits!

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    ketch
    ketch e2 Member 7770 forum postsketch vcard Turks and Caicos Islands50 Constructive Critique Points
    3 Dec 2008 - 10:58 AM

Well getting rid of dust bunnies - I have loads and loads (Pentax k10D) so I brought a cheap Artic Butterfly bargain price but no instructions. So can someone help - I am sure it is just a case of waving this thing around with it switched on? How do I access the sensor and can I touch the sensor with the brush. Any help, thoughts or advice would be excellent.

Best wishes

Robert

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    3 Dec 2008 - 10:58 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

agoreira
    agoreira  116001 forum posts Wales
    3 Dec 2008 - 11:02 AM

Quote: - I am sure it is just a case of waving this thing around with it switched on?

It most certainly isn't!!!!!!!!!! ;-( You switch it on the statically charge the brush, then switch it off and brush lightly over the sensor. I know nothing about Pentax, but surely it came with a manual to tell you how to access the sensor?
    (DO NOT SPIN THE BRUSH WHILE CLEANING THE SENSOR!).
    A 5 second search on Google throws up this page.

Last Modified By agoreira at 3 Dec 2008 - 11:07 AM
    ketch
    ketch e2 Member 7770 forum postsketch vcard Turks and Caicos Islands50 Constructive Critique Points
    3 Dec 2008 - 11:08 AM

Thanks for that - Yes I do know how to access the sensor on the camera and had assumed that is what I needed to do but just wanted to check. So I lock the sensor open and then charge up the brush before using it on the sensor surface (or just above the surface?).

OK Just spotted the link many thanks for that - problem solved (and of course I should have done that in the first place!)

Cheers

Robert

Last Modified By ketch at 3 Dec 2008 - 11:10 AM
    agoreira
    agoreira  116001 forum posts Wales
    3 Dec 2008 - 11:26 AM

Quote: Thanks for that - Yes I do know how to access the sensor on the camera and had assumed that is what I needed to do but just wanted to check. So I lock the sensor open and then charge up the brush before using it on the sensor surface (or just above the surface?).

OK Just spotted the link many thanks for that - problem solved (and of course I should have done that in the first place!)

Cheers

Robert

You're welcome! Wink Not sure if it is anything like the Canon, but avoid getting the bristles around the edges of the sensor, it's possible to drag grease onto the sensor! Not recommended.
    We did have someone here a while ago that confessed to spinning the brush whilst trying to clean the sensor, so it's not unheard of!

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.