Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Kingston 4GB CF card offer

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    Snapper_T
    Snapper_T e2 Member 10848 forum postsSnapper_T vcard United Kingdom
    18 Sep 2008 - 11:38 PM

Just seen this offer on Picstop.

Seems good to me, just thought I'd give a heads up.

Trev

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    18 Sep 2008 - 11:38 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

User_Removed
    18 Sep 2008 - 11:44 PM

Picstop are very good for cf cards. They are sent from the channel islands so there is no tax on them. very good service and great value for money. james

cameracat
    cameracat  108578 forum posts Norfolk Island61 Constructive Critique Points
    19 Sep 2008 - 9:38 AM

Cheers Trev, That is a seriously good deal, And Kingston is a seriously good brand.......Too....! Looking at the read/write figures these are almost the same spec as Sandisk's Extreme III, Close enough for the price......Smile

That said if you want to get a copy of Sandisk's " Rescue Pro " software ( for image or file retrieval from corrupted cards/hard drives ) I can confirm that you get a copy with a purchase of the 4Gb Sandisk Extreme III cards......!

It's one of those small CD's........Smile The software is the latest version 3.3, And from tests on cards & HDD's is very good.

That said you might want to shop around for Sandisk Extreme cards, Price wise......Smile

dk
    dk  1059 forum posts England
    19 Sep 2008 - 9:52 AM

7dayshop.com have this same twinpack at 14.99. Also for 17.49 they offer the 8GB Kingston Elite Pro 133x, or for 13.99 the 8GB Transcend Ultra Speed 133X. I've used the cheaper CF brands from 7dayshop.com with my 5D for years now with no problems.

Maybe I've just been lucky.

Last Modified By dk at 19 Sep 2008 - 9:53 AM
    SamLS
    SamLS  8232 forum posts United Kingdom
    19 Sep 2008 - 12:21 PM

One thing about 7dayshop.... I recently bought a couple of 2gb Kingston CF cards from them and they arrived without the proper packaging and no leaflet.

I emailed their customer service to find out why and got no reply.

Seem to work OK and they look genuine, but you wonder?

Sam

User_Removed
    19 Sep 2008 - 12:23 PM

Hi Sam

They sometimes split multipacks (they do that with inks too) so you end up with the item and no 'official' packaging.

To be honest, I am not sure they are supposed to do that as manufacturers usually stipulate that multipacks must be sold like that.

I would suggest that they are likely to be genuine

Last Modified By User_Removed at 19 Sep 2008 - 12:24 PM
    SamLS
    SamLS  8232 forum posts United Kingdom
    19 Sep 2008 - 12:40 PM

Ahh, that explains it. I checked on the internet for sites that tell you how to identify if they're genuine or not and it all looked OK to me...

... but I'm dissapointed that their customer service didn't answer.

Cheers

Sam

Paul Morgan
    Paul Morgan e2 Member 1315388 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
    19 Sep 2008 - 6:45 PM

I`ve said this already this week, Tesco have been selling 4 gig for less than a fiver.

dcash29
    dcash29  81908 forum posts England
    19 Sep 2008 - 7:18 PM

Well Paul tell you what......buy me 4 at that price cos Tesco say they are 29.99, in fact Sandisk are cheap at 19.99

Paul Morgan
    Paul Morgan e2 Member 1315388 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
    19 Sep 2008 - 8:33 PM

Less than a fiver in my local store on Sunday.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.