Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Kingston 4GB CF card offer

Snapper_T 10 848 United Kingdom
18 Sep 2008 11:38PM
Just seen this offer on Picstop.

Seems good to me, just thought I'd give a heads up.

Trev

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

User_Removed 7 1.5k 1
18 Sep 2008 11:44PM
Picstop are very good for cf cards. They are sent from the channel islands so there is no tax on them. very good service and great value for money. james
cameracat 11 8.6k 61 Norfolk Island
19 Sep 2008 9:38AM
Cheers Trev, That is a seriously good deal, And Kingston is a seriously good brand.......Too....! Looking at the read/write figures these are almost the same spec as Sandisk's Extreme III, Close enough for the price......Smile

That said if you want to get a copy of Sandisk's " Rescue Pro " software ( for image or file retrieval from corrupted cards/hard drives ) I can confirm that you get a copy with a purchase of the 4Gb Sandisk Extreme III cards......!

It's one of those small CD's........Smile The software is the latest version 3.3, And from tests on cards & HDD's is very good.

That said you might want to shop around for Sandisk Extreme cards, Price wise......Smile
dk 10 59 England
19 Sep 2008 9:52AM
7dayshop.com have this same twinpack at 14.99. Also for 17.49 they offer the 8GB Kingston Elite Pro 133x, or for 13.99 the 8GB Transcend Ultra Speed 133X. I've used the cheaper CF brands from 7dayshop.com with my 5D for years now with no problems.

Maybe I've just been lucky.
SamLS 8 232 United Kingdom
19 Sep 2008 12:21PM
One thing about 7dayshop.... I recently bought a couple of 2gb Kingston CF cards from them and they arrived without the proper packaging and no leaflet.

I emailed their customer service to find out why and got no reply.

Seem to work OK and they look genuine, but you wonder?

Sam
User_Removed 12 7.3k 6 United Kingdom
19 Sep 2008 12:23PM
Hi Sam

They sometimes split multipacks (they do that with inks too) so you end up with the item and no 'official' packaging.

To be honest, I am not sure they are supposed to do that as manufacturers usually stipulate that multipacks must be sold like that.

I would suggest that they are likely to be genuine
SamLS 8 232 United Kingdom
19 Sep 2008 12:40PM
Ahh, that explains it. I checked on the internet for sites that tell you how to identify if they're genuine or not and it all looked OK to me...

... but I'm dissapointed that their customer service didn't answer.

Cheers

Sam
Paul Morgan e2
13 16.1k 6 England
19 Sep 2008 6:45PM
I`ve said this already this week, Tesco have been selling 4 gig for less than a fiver.
dcash29 9 2.0k England
19 Sep 2008 7:18PM
Well Paul tell you what......buy me 4 at that price cos Tesco say they are 29.99, in fact Sandisk are cheap at 19.99
Paul Morgan e2
13 16.1k 6 England
19 Sep 2008 8:33PM
Less than a fiver in my local store on Sunday.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.