Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Kodak - Photos of former factory

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    Hugo
    Hugo  9639 forum posts United Kingdom
    11 Nov 2012 - 11:39 PM

Quote: Since 2005, photographer and photography lecturer Robert Burley has been documenting the demise of film photography through film photographs. He has traveled around the world with his 45 field camera in tow, capturing the demolition of buildings, the equipment that once powered a giant industry, and the desolation of factories that were once teeming with workers.

The photos seem to all be American - but it's still interesting. There was/still is a huge factory at Harrow, North London. Don't think that much goes on there now, indeed I believe it's going to become millions of box-like houses, but the area still stinks of chemicals.

http://www.petapixel.com/2012/11/08/photographs-documenting-the-demise-of-camera...
    More here
    http://darkness.robertburley.com/gallery/

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    11 Nov 2012 - 11:39 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

kodachrome
    12 Nov 2012 - 9:14 AM

Hugo

I live walking distance from the Harrow Kodak factory or whats left of it. Never really smelt much of the chemicals. Part of the plant remains making printing paper for the time being, as there is still a demand for printing paper both 35-mm and of course digital.

The remains of the demolished areas will become housing, shops etc. The old Kodak sports and social club was sold off years ago to a fly be night out fit who have now sold the site to the housing developers.
    The Kodak rifle range which I was a member of has been decommisioned and due for knocking down. Many Harrow and Wealstone residents were employed at the factory and the social club had every facility you wanted. Saturday evenings in the main dance hall was brilliant and quite often big name 60's bands were booked for the entertainment.
    Harrow and Wealstone had some big name companies at one time, White Friars Glass, closed down, Winsor & Newton artists paints, re located to France after being bought out. Why doesn't Cameron put the whole effing country on E Bay.
    Sad times for me and the locals, but things have to move on.
    Pete

JJGEE
    JJGEE  96276 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
    12 Nov 2012 - 9:27 AM

Quote: I live walking distance from the Harrow Kodak factory

And with your user name can we perhaps deduce that your used to work there at some time in the past ?

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.