Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Kodak all-in-one printer help

28 Feb 2012 9:49PM
Hi everyone, please...please...please can anyone gelp with this?

I have a kodak all in one printer, a c310, which when I bought it connected to my mac and runs seamlessly with it. However, it just will not work properly with my wifes laptop running windows 7 64-bit os. I have tried all the drivers, updates etc and tried to install it on both wi-fi and usb (one at a time). The laptop finds the printer and the printer says it is printing but after taking the paper, stops for a few seconds and then spits a blank sheet of paper out.
Any ideas before I scream please?
Regards
Keith

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

28 Feb 2012 9:52PM
Ps, forgot to say...according to the laptop the device is installed and working correctly which it obviously is't.
Keith
lobsterboy e2
11 14.2k 13 United Kingdom
28 Feb 2012 9:59PM
Does a windows test print work?
Have you checked the paper size and tray selection on the driver, sounds like it's trying to do manual feed.
AntonS 3 10 United Kingdom
28 Feb 2012 10:06PM
Try the Live Chat on the Kodak website.... Kodak Support

Works for me!
28 Feb 2012 10:08PM
Hi, thanks for the reply. Yes I have checked the paper size etc but no it does not perform the test print. This also states it is going to print but again stalls then churns out a blank sheet. It also makes a sound like it is trying to print AFTER it has thrown out a blank sheet of paper. I have tried making all the settings the same as when I use it with the mac as it works perfectly then.

Keith
28 Feb 2012 10:09PM
Live chat sounds a good move. Will try that tomorrow if no luck by then.
Thanks
Keith
28 Feb 2012 10:16PM
Further to the above, my son has just told me his windows laptop works fine with the printer as long as he uses a usb cable. Hmmm....maybe the laptop settings perhaps?
28 Feb 2012 10:47PM
I had trouble with my Kodak printer and went on Kodak website live chat talked me through it and working fine now.
Rob
Andy_Cundell 3 1.1k 5 England
29 Feb 2012 10:16AM
Just to lighten the mood, don't try this!!!!!!! Cat 'v' Printer! (The link will take you to a You Tube Vid)

Andy
cameracat 11 8.6k 61 Norfolk Island
29 Feb 2012 10:30AM

Quote:fine with the printer as long as he uses a usb cable. Hmmm

You forgot to mention how you had this printer working on the Mac, If your trying to get it to work " WiFi" with the laptop, Thats a whole different story, Often made harder by the Windows OS being a little paranoid on " WiFi " security issues, Back to the drawing board if your not using a " USB " port.....Sad
29 Feb 2012 1:44PM
Connected to Mac on wi-fi but have tried wi-fi and usb on laptop without success.
Keith

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.