Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Konica Minolta A2 v Fuji Finepix S9500

davidcollins 9 104 1 Scotland
31 May 2006 9:43AM
i read both reviews but it is still 50/50 so this is a poll if any one can be bothered i would find it helpful:0)

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

31 May 2006 9:56AM
have a look at steve digicams website you will be lucky to get the a2 i am just about to get a200 which is newish version of a2 and even that is deleted also have a look at sonys v3 a very nice camera
davidcollins 9 104 1 Scotland
31 May 2006 10:01AM
thanks ian i looked at the a200 also but thought that the s9500 has more to offer has anyone got either.
Photogeek 9 605 6 Wales
31 May 2006 10:18AM
I have an A2, and I love it. I was lucky enough to get one just after they had discontinued it for the A200. They left just too many of the nice features of the A2 off when they did the A200 (Like PC Sync, and going down market with the EVF). I've not really used any other Prosumer digicams in anger but I do find the the A2 (Even with the latest firmware) suffers from slow write times . . . . Which is frustrating at times but an alternative view is that it stops me machine gunning for images Smile

My reasons for going with the A2 rather than the s7000, was that all the Minolta accessories I had from My film cameras were compatible. I think that if I hadn't had that incentive then the s7000 / 9500 would have been my choice, although that high resolution EVF is Very Nice
Desh_M 10 386
31 May 2006 8:30PM
I am not an expert in cameras, I have only used two so far. I have a Fuji s9000 now and am not very impressed with it. All I know is, it's been only a few months since I bought it I am already wishing I bought another camera, maybe nikon D50.

Problem with s9000 is that it produces lot of noise, images are blurry, difficult to forcus and the so-called manual forcus is useless.
Please do more research on the s9000 before buying it.
Bmarie 9 77 United Kingdom
2 Jun 2006 1:59AM
I have the fuji s5900 and the noise is well controlled for a bridge camera it is brilliant for macro photography as well.

I use it alongside my 350D and I use it mainly for people pics and scenery the colours are nice. It is best to read as many reviews as you can on any cameras that interest you before parting with your cash.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.