Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

L/Room 4 not showing folder

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    Hazelmouse
    9 Oct 2012 - 12:19 PM

I have changed to using Lightroom, have uploaded latest version - 4.2. Photos from recent trip to Canada have been imported from folder on the hard drive processed & converted to JPEG and exported.

The parent & sub folders do NOT show in the folders panel in L/room - all my others do. I can access the photos by putting in the main keyword but cannot have the folder showing - why not please?

If I try to re-import the original RAW files it correctly shows them to be already imported.

All advice welcomed -even if it's something totally obvious!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    9 Oct 2012 - 12:19 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

mlewis
    mlewis  91470 forum posts United Kingdom
    9 Oct 2012 - 12:44 PM

Right click the folder in question and choose show parent from the menu to get the parent to show. The sub folders don't show as there are no pictures in them that have been imported into Lightroom. This is the same reason the Parent folder doesn't show.

Lightroom will only show folders that contain images that have been imported. It doesn't just use the list of folders in your operating system's file browser.

CTee
    CTee  746 forum posts United Kingdom
    9 Oct 2012 - 12:47 PM

Hi
    Did you select add to catalog in the export and then use (right mouse on folder) sync folder after the export?

Last Modified By CTee at 9 Oct 2012 - 12:48 PM
    Hazelmouse
    9 Oct 2012 - 12:50 PM

Where am when I right click please?

Not an option in My Pictures as far as I can see and the folder doesn't show at all in L/R.

CTee
    CTee  746 forum posts United Kingdom
    9 Oct 2012 - 12:59 PM

Do you have your photos in a folder with all other folder below it, if so try a right click at the highest level.

Something else that might help you.

If you can see the photo in LR, right click on the photo and choose 'Goto to folder in Lightroom' or/and 'Show in Explorer' this might help you see where they are.

Also have you checked where you are exporting to?

Last Modified By CTee at 9 Oct 2012 - 1:03 PM
    Hazelmouse
    9 Oct 2012 - 1:14 PM

Many thanks to both of you. My JPEGs were somewhere I would swear I didn't put them and by asking for the parent folder suddenly it generated the correct folder complete with RAW & JPEGS.

Magic - or something- my thanks.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.