Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

LA Studio in Leeds

thebigyin e2
9 83 6 United Kingdom
2 Oct 2009 1:52AM
Does anyone use (or have used) LA Studio in Leeds?

Just looked at the website and there is a message saying

Thats All Folks!!!!!!

Thanks and Goodbye.

I was a regular on and off for a number of years, and I did not know Alan was finishing, although I cannot say I'm surprised.

Anyone know of the history?

Alister

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

AndyWUK 6 1 United Kingdom
2 Nov 2009 10:47AM
Alister

I have also used his studio and was just starting to establish my photograpghy as a new venture and was going to get in touch with him myself

Like you I also go the 'Thats all folks'

If you manage to find anything out can you let me know...like wise from me to you ?

Kind regards

Andy Woolley
10 Nov 2009 8:00AM
I used to model at LA studios about 13 or 14 years ago. Loved the place! Alan who ran it was a really lovely man, so helpful. Hope he is ok. An news very much appreciated.
11 Nov 2009 11:38AM
anyone any news on this??
thebigyin e2
9 83 6 United Kingdom
11 Nov 2009 4:39PM
Yes, I texted Alan not long after posting this and apparently his lease had expired and was unable to find any suitable premises. There was no mention of any other problems.

shame I will really miss going there..

Alister
Pete e2
13 18.7k 96 England
11 Nov 2009 4:51PM
You'll have to visit epz's home town Alister. Worksop Studios is alive and kicking.
13 Nov 2009 7:44AM
Oh what a shame. I loved that place. Had some really good times, really friendly and relaxed. Thanks for the info.x
16 Nov 2009 9:21AM
I used to model there under the name 'Lara' - I wonder if any of you guys remember or even sessioned???

Just a thought...

L
20 Nov 2009 1:14AM
It was a number of years ago i shot at LA Studios but one that had always stuck in my mind. Real shame that it has gone. If i remember right it had a dungeon style set.... Are there any other studios in Leeds or the surrounding area that have something similar?
4 Apr 2010 12:48AM
hi ExGlamModel

'I used to model there under the name 'Lara' - I wonder if any of you guys remember or even sessioned???

Just a thought...''

I did several shoots with various models over the years and will sadly miss it.
but i do think i did some shots of a 'laura'

hope you are keeping well

and best wishes to alan.. shame it stopped.. it was a lovely atmosphere

angus
17 Feb 2012 8:07AM
Hi guys,

I was surfing the net, trying to find Allan or Lottie. I'm really upset that Allan has closed the studio. My dad spent at least 2 nights a week there from when I was about 17, I'm 40 this year!!

You may remember my dad, Philip Innes?? If any of you have any contact details for Allan or Lottie I would really appreciate it. I know Lottie moved to Barnsley but I haven't seen either of them since my dad died in 2006.

Thanks in advance.

Rowena
Smile

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.