Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

LA Studio in Leeds

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    thebigyin
    thebigyin e2 Member 981 forum poststhebigyin vcard United Kingdom6 Constructive Critique Points
    2 Oct 2009 - 1:52 AM

Does anyone use (or have used) LA Studio in Leeds?

Just looked at the website and there is a message saying

Thats All Folks!!!!!!

Thanks and Goodbye.

I was a regular on and off for a number of years, and I did not know Alan was finishing, although I cannot say I'm surprised.

Anyone know of the history?

Alister

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    2 Oct 2009 - 1:52 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

AndyWUK
    AndyWUK  6 United Kingdom
    2 Nov 2009 - 10:47 AM

Alister

I have also used his studio and was just starting to establish my photograpghy as a new venture and was going to get in touch with him myself

Like you I also go the 'Thats all folks'

If you manage to find anything out can you let me know...like wise from me to you ?

Kind regards

Andy Woolley

ExGlamModel
    10 Nov 2009 - 8:00 AM

I used to model at LA studios about 13 or 14 years ago. Loved the place! Alan who ran it was a really lovely man, so helpful. Hope he is ok. An news very much appreciated.

ExGlamModel
    11 Nov 2009 - 11:38 AM

anyone any news on this??

thebigyin
    thebigyin e2 Member 981 forum poststhebigyin vcard United Kingdom6 Constructive Critique Points
    11 Nov 2009 - 4:39 PM

Yes, I texted Alan not long after posting this and apparently his lease had expired and was unable to find any suitable premises. There was no mention of any other problems.

shame I will really miss going there..

Alister

Pete
    Pete Site Moderator 1318433 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
    11 Nov 2009 - 4:51 PM

You'll have to visit epz's home town Alister. Worksop Studios is alive and kicking.

ExGlamModel
    13 Nov 2009 - 7:44 AM

Oh what a shame. I loved that place. Had some really good times, really friendly and relaxed. Thanks for the info.x

ExGlamModel
    16 Nov 2009 - 9:21 AM

I used to model there under the name 'Lara' - I wonder if any of you guys remember or even sessioned???

Just a thought...

L

cameronamor
    20 Nov 2009 - 1:14 AM

It was a number of years ago i shot at LA Studios but one that had always stuck in my mind. Real shame that it has gone. If i remember right it had a dungeon style set.... Are there any other studios in Leeds or the surrounding area that have something similar?

sweet_angus
    4 Apr 2010 - 12:48 AM

hi ExGlamModel

'I used to model there under the name 'Lara' - I wonder if any of you guys remember or even sessioned???

Just a thought...''

I did several shoots with various models over the years and will sadly miss it.
    but i do think i did some shots of a 'laura'

hope you are keeping well

and best wishes to alan.. shame it stopped.. it was a lovely atmosphere

angus

RowenaInnes
    17 Feb 2012 - 8:07 AM

Hi guys,

I was surfing the net, trying to find Allan or Lottie. I'm really upset that Allan has closed the studio. My dad spent at least 2 nights a week there from when I was about 17, I'm 40 this year!!

You may remember my dad, Philip Innes?? If any of you have any contact details for Allan or Lottie I would really appreciate it. I know Lottie moved to Barnsley but I haven't seen either of them since my dad died in 2006.

Thanks in advance.

Rowena
    Smile

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.