Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Labels for slide mounts & slide storage boxes.

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    ckristoff
    ckristoff  9936 forum posts Wales
    5 Jul 2007 - 12:09 PM

Hello friends,
    does anyone know how I can get hold of spare slide storage boxes, for 36 slides?

Also what size labels do I need for labeling my mounted slides? Er, where can I get them from?

Thanking you in advance for your help in this matter.

Frank.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    5 Jul 2007 - 12:09 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

jaspernina
    5 Jul 2007 - 12:20 PM

Try here http://search.ebay.co.uk/search/search.dll?from=R40&_trksid=m37&satitle=...

Stephen

ckristoff
    ckristoff  9936 forum posts Wales
    7 Jul 2007 - 12:56 PM

Stephen,

thanks for that!

Yesterday I searched for such labels, they are Avery J8657, 42 on a sheet, with 25 sheets in a pack.

I googled and found a supplier, quoting 10.96, I thought ok quite good. But after registering all my information and click checkout, the price with postage and VAT suddenly becomes 23 plus!

I say no chance boyo! Smile

This morning through Amazon, I found a supplier quoting 12.85 plus postage but no vat, giving me
    17.35, which was more acceptable, so I buys 2 packs.

I'm surprised that 7dayshop don't stock such labels. I did try. Maybe they use a different coding system.

Frank.

pennyspike
    pennyspike  112068 forum posts United Kingdom29 Constructive Critique Points
    7 Jul 2007 - 10:54 PM

Just a warning about slide labels, they tend to jam up projectors so most people just write on the slide mount these days.
    Some places actually state 'no labels' on their conditions if you are sending off to salons.
    It's much cheaper too.

PSILVERMAN
    8 Jul 2007 - 3:31 PM

Not in my experience Penny.All the libraries that I have dealt with state that they require clear labels on slides mounts.I always used to use the Avery ones and used to get them from Staples and they were about 10 for about 10 sheets of 80 each.
    Since going digi I no longer have the problem Smile

AndyBag
    AndyBag  766 forum posts
    9 Jul 2007 - 10:16 PM

I reckon you'll still get them if you talk to the right people!!

For manufacturers, have a word with Kenro in Swindon - they were the famous neg/slide archinving company for years and years.

Also worth talking to Alpha Graphic - they distribute Braun projectors in the UK, so are nound to know where to start looking.

Good luck!

Helpful Post! This post was flagged as helpful
    • «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.