Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Lack of interest

silverwolf 13 7 United Kingdom
21 Feb 2009 7:19PM
Havn't logged in and done anything for a long time until today. I've been so disinterested in this wonderful hobby, so much so, that I was just about to cancel my photo mag subscriptions etc. It's a Harris Hawk that relit the fire, it appeared in my neighbours garden and it was a superb sight.
Does anyone else let the burdens of their jobs get to them, so much that they would consider getting rid of all their gear or a have I just been on a downer?

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

User_Removed 10 17.9k 8 Norway
21 Feb 2009 7:30PM

Quote:Does anyone else let the burdens of their jobs get to them, so much that they would consider getting rid of all their gear

Never.

Quote:or a have I just been on a downer?

Ooooh YUS!

Wink

♫ ♪ Spring is round the corner and there is a new world out there - full of photographic opportunities all just waiting for YOU!! ♪ ♫

(Anyone mind if I be sick now?)

Grin
samfurlong 8 2.5k United Kingdom
21 Feb 2009 7:36PM
Hahaha my job was getting to me today, so much so that my laptop nearly ended up getting chucked across the tarmac. Was covering a footy match and trying to send pictures but no matter what I tried I could not get the damn thing to connect to the internet.
In the end I got is sorted after much screaming and swearing (learned some cracking new words).

Phew, need a beer now!
john64 e2
10 824 England
21 Feb 2009 7:52PM
Which game were you at Sam? If it was the same one as me, then I probably matched some of those new words :-(
MrGoatsmilk 6 1.5k England
21 Feb 2009 8:02PM
Yes I have let the burdens of my job and other stuff get in the way of many things of late, I can see the light at the end of my long tunnel now at last! Looking back all it's done is stop me doing stuff I really enjoy doing so I'm never going to let it happen again infact doing stuff you enjoy takes your mind of the crap.

Stu
21 Feb 2009 8:10PM
Thanks Guys, glad it's not just me! Just charging the battery on the DSLR....it's time it went back to work! I'll have to stop the day to day stresses of the job getting to me eh!
EDWARDPARRISH 7 63 1 England
21 Feb 2009 8:17PM
I think we are all guilty of letting work get in the way of our hobby at times. We need to remember that it is our hobby that gets us away from the troubles of work and shouldnt be the first thing we ditch!!!
Coleslaw e2
9 13.4k 28 Wales
21 Feb 2009 8:18PM
Photography is recreation for me, it gets my mind of the crap as Stu mentioned.

Without a hobby, without photography, life would be boring...
GreyMoonRising 6 1.5k 1
21 Feb 2009 8:24PM
Sometimes I feel like walking out of my place of work and never going back, when I do get days off I love getting away with my Camera kit for at least one day.

"I work to live, I don't live to work"
lobsterboy e2
11 14.2k 13 United Kingdom
21 Feb 2009 8:32PM

Quote:I think we are all guilty of letting work get in the way of our hobby at times.

Never happened to me but then I'm a natural born slacker Wink
21 Feb 2009 8:45PM
I find it hard to switch off from work and this is the first weekend in a long long time that I havn't thought of work. That has to be a good sign!
I started living photography i 1973 and it was always an escape for me, I loved it. I take all your comments onboard and you should start seeing more images from me....if you don't remind me!
paulcr 10 1.5k 9 Ireland
21 Feb 2009 9:29PM
When things get me down I get the camera out and go for a drive! Never give up on what helps keep you sane!
Paul
21 Feb 2009 9:40PM
Question is do you live to work or work to live...

If its the former get out and get a life

If its the latter no point busting a gut to get that new lens you want if it doesn't leave you time to use the lenses you got now

Steve
MikeRC e2
9 3.5k United Kingdom
21 Feb 2009 11:38PM
...Hi....if the hawk got you all excited, and rightly so, you really should visit a good bird of prey centre :
...No flowers...no scenery...just dozens of majestic raptors.
...that'll really light your fire.

.....Mike

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.