Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Lack of interest

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    silverwolf
    silverwolf  12 United Kingdom
    21 Feb 2009 - 7:19 PM

Havn't logged in and done anything for a long time until today. I've been so disinterested in this wonderful hobby, so much so, that I was just about to cancel my photo mag subscriptions etc. It's a Harris Hawk that relit the fire, it appeared in my neighbours garden and it was a superb sight.
    Does anyone else let the burdens of their jobs get to them, so much that they would consider getting rid of all their gear or a have I just been on a downer?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    21 Feb 2009 - 7:19 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

User_Removed
    21 Feb 2009 - 7:30 PM

Quote: Does anyone else let the burdens of their jobs get to them, so much that they would consider getting rid of all their gear

Never.

Quote: or a have I just been on a downer?

Ooooh YUS!

Wink

♫ ♪ Spring is round the corner and there is a new world out there - full of photographic opportunities all just waiting for YOU!! ♪ ♫

(Anyone mind if I be sick now?)

Grin

Last Modified By User_Removed at 21 Feb 2009 - 7:35 PM Helpful Post! This post was flagged as helpful
    samfurlong
    21 Feb 2009 - 7:36 PM

Hahaha my job was getting to me today, so much so that my laptop nearly ended up getting chucked across the tarmac. Was covering a footy match and trying to send pictures but no matter what I tried I could not get the damn thing to connect to the internet.
    In the end I got is sorted after much screaming and swearing (learned some cracking new words).

Phew, need a beer now!

Helpful Post! This post was flagged as helpful
    john64
    john64 e2 Member 9824 forum postsjohn64 vcard England
    21 Feb 2009 - 7:52 PM

Which game were you at Sam? If it was the same one as me, then I probably matched some of those new words :-(

MrGoatsmilk
    21 Feb 2009 - 8:02 PM

Yes I have let the burdens of my job and other stuff get in the way of many things of late, I can see the light at the end of my long tunnel now at last! Looking back all it's done is stop me doing stuff I really enjoy doing so I'm never going to let it happen again infact doing stuff you enjoy takes your mind of the crap.

Stu

silverwolf
    21 Feb 2009 - 8:10 PM

Thanks Guys, glad it's not just me! Just charging the battery on the DSLR....it's time it went back to work! I'll have to stop the day to day stresses of the job getting to me eh!

EDWARDPARRISH
    21 Feb 2009 - 8:17 PM

I think we are all guilty of letting work get in the way of our hobby at times. We need to remember that it is our hobby that gets us away from the troubles of work and shouldnt be the first thing we ditch!!!

Coleslaw
    Coleslaw e2 Member 913403 forum postsColeslaw vcard Wales28 Constructive Critique Points
    21 Feb 2009 - 8:18 PM

Photography is recreation for me, it gets my mind of the crap as Stu mentioned.

Without a hobby, without photography, life would be boring...

GreyMoonRising
    21 Feb 2009 - 8:24 PM

Sometimes I feel like walking out of my place of work and never going back, when I do get days off I love getting away with my Camera kit for at least one day.

"I work to live, I don't live to work"

Last Modified By GreyMoonRising at 21 Feb 2009 - 8:25 PM Helpful Post! This post was flagged as helpful
    lobsterboy
    lobsterboy Site Moderator 1014125 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
    21 Feb 2009 - 8:32 PM

Quote: I think we are all guilty of letting work get in the way of our hobby at times.

Never happened to me but then I'm a natural born slacker Wink

silverwolf
    21 Feb 2009 - 8:45 PM

I find it hard to switch off from work and this is the first weekend in a long long time that I havn't thought of work. That has to be a good sign!
    I started living photography i 1973 and it was always an escape for me, I loved it. I take all your comments onboard and you should start seeing more images from me....if you don't remind me!

paulcr
    paulcr  91536 forum posts Ireland9 Constructive Critique Points
    21 Feb 2009 - 9:29 PM

When things get me down I get the camera out and go for a drive! Never give up on what helps keep you sane!
    Paul

gd427driver
    21 Feb 2009 - 9:40 PM

Question is do you live to work or work to live...

If its the former get out and get a life

If its the latter no point busting a gut to get that new lens you want if it doesn't leave you time to use the lenses you got now

Steve

Last Modified By gd427driver at 21 Feb 2009 - 9:41 PM Helpful Post! This post was flagged as helpful
    MikeRC
    MikeRC e2 Member 93489 forum postsMikeRC vcard United Kingdom
    21 Feb 2009 - 11:38 PM

...Hi....if the hawk got you all excited, and rightly so, you really should visit a good bird of prey centre :
    ...No flowers...no scenery...just dozens of majestic raptors.
    ...that'll really light your fire.

.....Mike

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.