Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Lambourgini race morning

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    kathrynlouise
    kathrynlouise e2 Member 3368 forum postskathrynlouise vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
    25 Feb 2013 - 9:39 PM

Hi guys. Completely out of my comfort zone and its gonna move faster than my animals!!!!!
    My best mate has booked herself a morning in a lambo going round silverstone i think. Any tips anyone can give me please as i'm definately in unknown waters Tongue

Kathryn

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    25 Feb 2013 - 9:39 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Jestertheclown
    25 Feb 2013 - 9:44 PM

. . . does this help?

There must be plenty of information re. shooting racing/fast cars on the net Kathryn.

It's not something I've gone in for in recent years. All my motor racing shots were done using film at motorcycle GPs and well before that as a drag racer.

mike5537
    mike5537  1 United Kingdom
    25 Feb 2013 - 9:53 PM

I've been to Silverstone on a race day. It depends on where the stewards allow you to stand, most places are behind 10ft high wire fencing which won't help your shots. If however you can get a press pass from the press office you have free reign. I got one on a bentley drivers day and I was in the pit lane, and got great locations beyond the armco barriers. Call the press office (number on the Silverstone website) and explain what you want to do. All I had to do was pay 10 deposit for the bib, then you just walk to the edge of the track and the stewards will open the gates and let you in, they were all really friendly when I did it. There is a good spot at the end of the main straight where they come right at you then spear left, good for some panning shots.

As for the pics themselves pick where you want the first pic to be taken and focus on that point then wait for the car to enter your view then just fire off AMAP pics as you track the car across your field of view. I have hundreds of shots using this technique some better than others, just leave somewhere in the frame for the car to go into.

Hope that helps!

kathrynlouise
    kathrynlouise e2 Member 3368 forum postskathrynlouise vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
    25 Feb 2013 - 9:56 PM

Cheers guys, will let you know how it goes Blush

pablophotographer

Quote: Cheers guys, will let you know how it goes Blush

best of luck, please upload some photos here afterwards Smile

Simonp2013
    26 Feb 2013 - 6:53 PM

I'd also be interested in hearing how you go and tips or tricks you can share.

kathrynlouise
    27 Feb 2013 - 6:54 PM

dscn6054-001---copy.jpg
    Not quite silverstone bless her as she thought but she still had a blast. It was a small track in Stafford with a choice of Aston Martin, Lambo, Evo and a couple of others i don't remember. Weather was dull as it could get and darn cold. Give me animals anyday! Blush

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.