Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Lancaster Bomber

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

lawbert
lawbert  71713 forum posts England15 Constructive Critique Points
27 Aug 2014 - 5:48 PM

Quote:

Damn, I'm going on the 13th

You will get the Vulcan on Saturday Brian Duxford Confirmed Aircraft List In case you hadnt seen it.

Good news you will get to the Lancs down your neck of the woodsSmile

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
27 Aug 2014 - 5:48 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

brian1208
brian1208 e2 Member 1110266 forum postsbrian1208 vcard United Kingdom12 Constructive Critique Points
27 Aug 2014 - 6:32 PM

thanks, I hadn't seen the latest list, its my first visit there so I'm looking forward to it (even if I have had to take the day out from our exhibition and leave my wife in charge! Wink )

Last Modified By brian1208 at 27 Aug 2014 - 6:32 PM
dpr59
dpr59 e2 Member 83 forum postsdpr59 vcard United Kingdom
27 Aug 2014 - 7:05 PM

Canadian Lancaster is at Durham Tees Valley tomorrow (Ok, Teesside Airport)...
Going up for around noon, a fly past scheduled around 3pm.

Anyone else on here going?

lawbert
lawbert  71713 forum posts England15 Constructive Critique Points
27 Aug 2014 - 7:31 PM

Quote: Thanks, I hadn't seen the latest list, its my first visit there so I'm looking forward to it (even if I have had to take the day out from our exhibition and leave my wife in charge! Wink )

Sales will be up then!!Tongue

Duxford is great and enjoy your visitSmile Im local so will be doing both days on known flight paths that no doubt will change for the 2 Lancs!!

dpr59
dpr59 e2 Member 83 forum postsdpr59 vcard United Kingdom
28 Aug 2014 - 9:53 PM

Some, ok lots, of pics from the Teesside event.
Some good, some bad and a few videos.
Really enjoyed the day

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ldm6by62ki3dj1k/AAAIKPnaIwQTb1RK3Y6Vl61Da?dl=0

CanonMan
CanonMan e2 Member 12489 forum postsCanonMan vcard England4 Constructive Critique Points
29 Aug 2014 - 3:15 PM

Anyone planning to go to a weekend event to see the Canadian Lancaster, be aware that it is grounded and will not be taking part in any events. There was an engine problem resulting in the plane being grounded. More info can be found here

Last Modified By CanonMan at 29 Aug 2014 - 3:17 PM
JJGEE
JJGEE  96303 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
29 Aug 2014 - 3:20 PM

Quote: More info can be found here

Do not understand why you have to confirm your age is over 18 by entering your date of birth to enter the website.

Needless to say I did not bother !

Last Modified By JJGEE at 29 Aug 2014 - 3:22 PM
Robin_TB
Robin_TB  5199 forum posts United Kingdom9 Constructive Critique Points
29 Aug 2014 - 3:43 PM

Because the link is to the Lancaster Bomber Ale site - hence you have to be over 18 to drink and they cannot be seen to allow children access. Debateable but there we go. There are pics elswhere online of it coming into land trailing smoke from one engine and a feathered prop (probably not an unusual sight during WW2!).

CanonMan
CanonMan e2 Member 12489 forum postsCanonMan vcard England4 Constructive Critique Points
29 Aug 2014 - 4:10 PM

Quote: Do not understand why you have to confirm your age is over 18 by entering your date of birth to enter the website.

I don't really understand that either but it's not difficult to enter details that show you to be over 18 if you don't want to put your own DOB in.

chris.maddock
29 Aug 2014 - 7:30 PM

Quote: Anyone planning to go to a weekend event to see the Canadian Lancaster, be aware that it is grounded and will not be taking part in any events. There was an engine problem resulting in the plane being grounded. More info can be found here

According to the BEEB;

Quote: An airworthy Merlin engine is being shipped from the Lincolnshire Aviation Heritage Centre near Skegness and this will be fitted over the weekend.

Last Modified By chris.maddock at 29 Aug 2014 - 7:31 PM
chris.maddock
29 Aug 2014 - 7:33 PM

Quote: Do not understand why you have to confirm your age is over 18 by entering your date of birth to enter the website.
I don't really understand that either but it's not difficult to enter details that show you to be over 18 if you don't want to put your own DOB in.

I didn't get asked - one occasion when blocking javascripts can sometimes work better than not blocking them Wink

Nick_w
Nick_w e2 Member 73878 forum postsNick_w vcard England99 Constructive Critique Points
29 Aug 2014 - 7:44 PM

May just pop out into the garden next Sunday, looks like they will be flying overhead.

Those guys of Bomber command took such a disproportionate amount of casualties (as did the merchant navy). It was criminal how they we're treated after the war, they were not the ones who issued the carpet bombing orders, tho having walked around the peace gardens in Hamburg, i do know what effect they had on that and many other cities in Germany.

Edit: ahh see it's now been grounded Sad

Last Modified By Nick_w at 29 Aug 2014 - 7:48 PM
brian1208
brian1208 e2 Member 1110266 forum postsbrian1208 vcard United Kingdom12 Constructive Critique Points
29 Aug 2014 - 8:57 PM

No BBMF today as there was too much crosswind and we heard during the display that the Canadian one will not be able to get down for the show - BUM!

Going back up on Sunday (well it is only 10 minute or so away) when hopefully the conditions will be a bit better (as forecast)

keithh
keithh e2 Member 1023026 forum postskeithh vcard Wallis and Futuna33 Constructive Critique Points
29 Aug 2014 - 10:39 PM

There were moments today when it was easy to forget that it was an air show. Wink

brian1208
29 Aug 2014 - 11:13 PM

long periods of chat with little or no action, if you were at the Bournemouth show today (mind you, it was not as bad as a few years back when the Blades started out being unable to find the display area then sent back a plaintive message they couldn't find the airfield either. One of the most miserable events I've ever been to that was Smile )

I had some fun though (and got a few reasonable shots), comparing the focus speed and accuracy of the Nikon V2 with the EM-1, a real revelation that was

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.