Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Landscape in The Lakes

lee71 7 2 United Kingdom
22 Jun 2012 8:25PM
I am looking at trying my hand at landscape and wondered if anyone could recommend some one day courses as a introduction to landscape. I am interested in a trip to the Lakes but anywhere not to far from Manchester would be of interest.

Many thanks Lee

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

User_Removed 5 4.6k 1 Scotland
22 Jun 2012 10:04PM
I can't recommend any courses in The Lakes, Lee - but here is one wee tip that you might find useful when looking for scenic landscapes.

Park the car, carry a manageable amount of kit and, of course, a sturdy tripod, and set off on foot. Driving round looking for photo-ops simply doesn't work but parking and walking - often only half a mile or so from the beaten track, will often reveal some real gems.

dathersmith 7 550 12 England
22 Jun 2012 10:52PM
Lee, I can't profess to be an expert but will happily meet up with you and show you some locations and how I go about capturing them. Obviously it would depend upon when you were coming up here.

Darren.
puertouk 3 1.1k 17 United Kingdom
23 Jun 2012 10:10AM
That's a really good idea of Darren's and how refreshing it is to see people wanting to help others. Lee, jump at the chance, because Darren, no doubt will know some good locations to take you to and hopefully pass on some good advice as well. I've also seen some of Darren's work and he has some stunning images in his portflolio.
Stephen
25 Jun 2012 11:04AM
A friend has used Lakeland Photo Holidays (http://www.lakelandphotohols.com) and highly recommended them, although I think they run longer course than one day. An offer of 1:2:1 guidance is great though! There are also a range of location guides to the Lakes on my site - http://www.photoplaces.co.uk

Good luck - the Lakes is a great place!

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.