Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Landscape in The Lakes

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    lee71
    lee71  6 United Kingdom
    22 Jun 2012 - 8:25 PM

I am looking at trying my hand at landscape and wondered if anyone could recommend some one day courses as a introduction to landscape. I am interested in a trip to the Lakes but anywhere not to far from Manchester would be of interest.

Many thanks Lee

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    22 Jun 2012 - 8:25 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

User_Removed
    22 Jun 2012 - 10:04 PM

I can't recommend any courses in The Lakes, Lee - but here is one wee tip that you might find useful when looking for scenic landscapes.

Park the car, carry a manageable amount of kit and, of course, a sturdy tripod, and set off on foot. Driving round looking for photo-ops simply doesn't work but parking and walking - often only half a mile or so from the beaten track, will often reveal some real gems.

Last Modified By User_Removed at 22 Jun 2012 - 10:06 PM
    dathersmith
    dathersmith e2 Member 7544 forum postsdathersmith vcard England12 Constructive Critique Points
    22 Jun 2012 - 10:52 PM

Lee, I can't profess to be an expert but will happily meet up with you and show you some locations and how I go about capturing them. Obviously it would depend upon when you were coming up here.

Darren.

puertouk
    puertouk  21012 forum posts United Kingdom17 Constructive Critique Points
    23 Jun 2012 - 10:10 AM

That's a really good idea of Darren's and how refreshing it is to see people wanting to help others. Lee, jump at the chance, because Darren, no doubt will know some good locations to take you to and hopefully pass on some good advice as well. I've also seen some of Darren's work and he has some stunning images in his portflolio.
    Stephen

PhotoPlaces
    25 Jun 2012 - 11:04 AM

A friend has used Lakeland Photo Holidays (http://www.lakelandphotohols.com) and highly recommended them, although I think they run longer course than one day. An offer of 1:2:1 guidance is great though! There are also a range of location guides to the Lakes on my site - http://www.photoplaces.co.uk

Good luck - the Lakes is a great place!

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.