Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Landscape Photographers! Fav Locations

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

New PortraitPro 12 SALE + 10% OFF code EPZROS814
didjerama
didjerama  9
6 Oct 2004 - 8:19 PM

Hey all.

RIght, easy question. Dunno if it has been doing before, but wheres your fav location to photograph/the place you remember the most?

For me it has to be either Robin Hoods bay in North Yorkshire or Flamborough Head, East Yorkshire both very inspiring places anytime of the year.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
6 Oct 2004 - 8:19 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

keithh
keithh e2 Member 1022919 forum postskeithh vcard Wallis and Futuna32 Constructive Critique Points
6 Oct 2004 - 8:21 PM

Has to be The Peak District, the Lakes, Northumberland and North Yorkshire....couldn't pick a fave from them...oh and then there's the Western Iles.

wgfarquhar
wgfarquhar  10473 forum posts
6 Oct 2004 - 8:26 PM

Mine has to be the Fort William area in Scotland. But in saying that...I can't wait to get home to New Zealand after buying all my camera gear in the UK. I know some amazing places I'm dying to capture.

GRANT

scottishphototours

Scotland.

The view from Elgol in Skye across to the Cuilins range is one of the most spectacular in the UK. Also the views westward from Ardnamurchan to the islands of Rum, Eigg and Muck are spectacularly beautiful. Glencoe and Rannoch Moor are dramatic and beautiful and the mountainous area around Torridon is also pretty special.

I'd say Skye is my personal favourite. As some of you may have seen in the September issue of PP, it's a special place that everyone should visit at least once.

Mari
Mari  101825 forum posts Wales
6 Oct 2004 - 9:19 PM

Snowdonia or Pembrokeshire are amazing places for stunning light - and are my fav. I went to the West coast of Ireland recently and that was amazing too.

martin.w
martin.w e2 Member 12352 forum postsmartin.w vcard United Kingdom22 Constructive Critique Points
6 Oct 2004 - 10:07 PM

The Peak District for me. Took many a shot from the top of Mam Tor and watched some wonderful sunrises.

Chris_H
Chris_H  101472 forum posts1 Constructive Critique Points
6 Oct 2004 - 10:23 PM

I like the Dorset coast line only been for two days in feb and want to go back again soon, also parts of jersey are good.
I live in Norfolk and never seem to take pictures here, my girlfriend lives in Stockport so I find myself around the peak district some times but still need to explore a lot more of it.
Chris

mattw
mattw  105189 forum posts United Kingdom10 Constructive Critique Points
7 Oct 2004 - 7:31 AM

I like Wales for the great dirvirsity of landscapes in a relitivly compact space. However my fav location is Cornwall, for it's wonderful coastline.

mattw

Tonyd3
Tonyd3  101009 forum posts United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
7 Oct 2004 - 6:20 PM

Some of my fav's are Malham,Rannock Moor(which i am going to last week of October),Elgol on the isle of Skye,Kimmerage,Saltwick bay,Whitby,Donna nook,westonbirt,Malvern Hills,Torridon. Plus others in the north yorkshire area & Scotland in general.

pixor
pixor  10181 forum posts Australia
7 Oct 2004 - 11:21 PM

The Cleveland Hills around Roseberry Topping and Captain Cook's Monument. I like to think of it as my own little secret, but I hear a bloke by the name of Joe Cornish likes it too, whoever *he* is Wink

The East Yorkshire Coast is pretty wonderful, and then there's Northumberland around Bamborough and Lindisfarne...

I went to Abersoch in North Wales this summer, and was very taken with the place.

Hmm...too many places to mention now I think of it!

Mike.

andytvcams
andytvcams  1110396 forum posts United Kingdom
7 Oct 2004 - 11:23 PM

Better known as Joe Cornish country.

colin
colin  10697 forum posts Scotland5 Constructive Critique Points
7 Oct 2004 - 11:34 PM

The Trossachs, Loch Awe, Perthshire (just about anywhere, especially the autumn colours) - maybe I'm biased but Scotland does it for me. Also Edinburgh and Glasgow offer very diverse options - great architecture in both.
Colin

Tonyd3
Tonyd3  101009 forum posts United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
7 Oct 2004 - 11:47 PM

Oh god i forgot this one is a must, Glen Affrig in October

Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1318442 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
8 Oct 2004 - 7:16 AM

don't forget to post these in the Favourite photo locations section.

rogerbryan
rogerbryan e2 Member 10397 forum postsrogerbryan vcard United Kingdom
8 Oct 2004 - 11:56 AM

For me it has to be on the top of a Scottish mountain called An Gearanach - On a good day the veiw over towards Ben Nevis, Aonach Mor etc is stunning. The veiw in the opposite direction across The Mamores towards the mountains of Glen Coe ain't to bad either.
Second choice, Scotland again I'm afraid - Top of Bienn Charluiste (sorry about the spelling) looking down Glen Coe.

Shame I live in Wilshire though !!

Roger

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.