Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Lapland, New Forest

geniehawk e2
8 181 England
2 Dec 2008 12:10PM
A word of warning to anyone thinking of going here, DON'T.
I visited on Saturday and was extremly dissapointed. We waited over 2 hours to visit Father Christmas with our grandson and left when we were told it would be at least another hour! The rides etc. all had to be paid for as extra's and the ice rink was not even working. The trading standards have been iinvolved now, but some may not have heard of this.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/dorset/7758112.stm

Jeannie.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

BOB S e2
12 2.6k
2 Dec 2008 12:41PM

Quote:We waited over 2 hours to visit Father Christmas

Well Saturday was still "November" maybe he thought it a bit early for Christmas.

There has been a lot in the press about this, Lapland in the New Forest is stretching the imagination a bit dont you think ?

BOB
geniehawk e2
8 181 England
2 Dec 2008 2:23PM
If there web site was stilling up and running you would see the fantastic lighting effects and snow scenes promised, supposedly by the same people who did lots of cinema special effects.Bot so much worried about Father Chrismas, more the total lack of effort put into the whole thing.

Jeannie.
Big Bri e2
13 15.7k United Kingdom
2 Dec 2008 4:13PM
Did you really expect log cabins covered in snow ? The beeb now have a video of the website and I have to say, it certainly looks nothing like the pictures I've seen of the actual place.
Apparently, there was some small print on the website that said something like "these are pictures of Lapland, not actual pictures of the site"
geniehawk e2
8 181 England
2 Dec 2008 6:05PM
What it actually said was that these scenes were what to expect .
It is not so much the lack of "snow" but the utter disregard for children left without any of their presents and parents left with a lot of explaining to do. I don't think my expectations were to high, but 30 each for children and adults was!

Jeannie.
Henchard e2
9 2.7k 1 United Kingdom
2 Dec 2008 6:11PM
There is a very long forum thread on this site about this
Boyd e2
11 11.2k 11 Wales
2 Dec 2008 7:39PM
I must admit that I liked this version of the story.
Kris_Dutson e2
12 8.2k 1 England
2 Dec 2008 7:50PM

Quote:A Lib Dem spokesman said: "It's basically two garden sheds and a stuffed badger with a Comic Relief nose.

"The 'elves' are obviously just drunk, Welshmen while Santa is a Polish gentleman who lets the children sit on his knee but then gives them a flyer for his photography business

You been visiting Keith's studio then Boyd?

Wink
Boyd e2
11 11.2k 11 Wales
2 Dec 2008 7:53PM
Visiting? I'm head elf on 2 an hour and as many chestnuts as I can eat.
Paintman e2
8 902 174 United Kingdom
2 Dec 2008 7:59PM
You've got a better contract than me then. I don't even get an 'elf plan. BOOM BOOM.

Hear those groans.
Boyd e2
11 11.2k 11 Wales
2 Dec 2008 8:13PM
*carefully loads the sniper rifle*

Smile
robdebank e2
6 164 United Kingdom
2 Dec 2008 8:17PM
Its even been on the BBC news tonight.

It is SO crap, it beggars belief. Even DelBoy would do a better job.
geniehawk e2
8 181 England
2 Dec 2008 10:13PM
Your quite right, Delboy would have done better! It may seem funny to some but to hear the security guard on the news say it was troublemakers causing the problem is so so not real. Most people there had young children with them and had paid in advance, it is fully booked up for all weekends till Christmas, or so their web site said when we booked, but I now think that was a con as well.

Jeannie.
Big Bri e2
13 15.7k United Kingdom
3 Dec 2008 4:59PM
website is back up
andytvcams e2
12 10.4k United Kingdom
3 Dec 2008 5:07PM
Oh no it's not

Wink

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.