Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Laptop Cooling Mat/Stand

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Coleslaw
Coleslaw e2 Member 913403 forum postsColeslaw vcard Wales28 Constructive Critique Points
8 May 2012 - 1:42 PM

LOL @ Chris

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
8 May 2012 - 1:42 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

digicammad
digicammad  1121988 forum posts United Kingdom37 Constructive Critique Points
8 May 2012 - 1:52 PM

Love it!

Mind you, be careful of that beanbag light combo, you'll get terrible reflections off the glossy screen!

mshulver1
mshulver1  3 United Kingdom
8 May 2012 - 5:09 PM

Definitely get one, my laptop overheated and fried the insides, cost me 400 pound to get fix Sad

Sinth
Sinth e2 Member 858 forum postsSinth vcard United Kingdom
8 May 2012 - 8:22 PM

I have this by coolermaster

No laptop is the same and generate heat from wherever the hard drive and graphics card is located. With 2 movable fans this works perfectly.
Monitor your temps with CPUID HWMonitor (free) and you will soon find your "Sweet" spot.

digicammad
digicammad  1121988 forum posts United Kingdom37 Constructive Critique Points
9 May 2012 - 12:04 PM

The only thing which makes a laptop overheat is blocking its cooling vents. You don't need an expensive rest to prevent that, just something solid to rest it on instead of your knee or a cushion.

Hence a 2.00 chopping board works just as well as a (much) more expensive gizmo. Not only that, its slim profile means it will fit into your laptop case too!

elconguero
9 May 2012 - 2:18 PM

@Chris - however, the iKnives won't need re-sharpening every 6months or take 3 minutes to make the first slice of an onion.

...oh no, what have I started?

I'll second the chopping board suggestion - though I have a perspex one that was I got from Ikea years ago. Must have cost me all of a pound I reckon.

lobsterboy
lobsterboy Site Moderator 1014143 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
9 May 2012 - 6:58 PM

Quote: The only thing which makes a laptop overheat is blocking its cooling vents

..and possibly leaving it in the wrong position. For ages I couldn't work out why when I picked up my Vaio it was crashing horribly like there was a HDD fault,, but after a couple of restarts it worked fine.
I finally worked out that the problem was caused by leaving it standing on end by the side of the sofa, the heat must have been rising within the case & causing the drive to overheat.

Since I have taken to leaving it flat it works fine.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.