Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Large Format anyone?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Sooty_1
Sooty_1 Critique Team 41175 forum posts United Kingdom196 Constructive Critique Points
24 Dec 2012 - 5:56 PM

Sinar Fs are great, but I wouldn't fancy dragging it around on a days walk....a wooden field camera with 2 lenses and a few dark slides is another matter, along with heavy duty tripod, dark cloth, film and changing bag still takes up enough space.

If you want movements with wide lenses, you often need a recessed board to give some flex to the bellows, as you can't change bellows on a lot of field cameras and standard ones will be compressed about as much as they can be.

Nick

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
24 Dec 2012 - 5:56 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

wildworlds
25 Dec 2012 - 10:54 AM

Totaly agree a wooden field camera is the way forward. The f is surprisingly light BUT even though the standards can fold flat (ish) along the rail and a standard rail is quite manageable, the pain is the rail clamp, its too big for ease of transportation. Does make me admire the likes of Fenton and others that travelled with a complete darkroom etc though! Wink

steveb
steveb  9329 forum posts United Kingdom
27 Dec 2012 - 10:07 AM

I use my Toyo 45A a few times a year, shooting both E6 and B&W, have 65mm, 90mm, 135mm, 150mm, 210mm and 360mm lenses. I scan with an Epson 4990, the model before the current V700, but have accumulated a backlog to scan once I've removed a smeary film thats appeared under the scanner glass. It's a pig to open and clean, eventually I'll get around to it.

Goldfynche
31 May 2013 - 1:22 PM

I always dreamed of owning a Linhof Super Technika The Rolls Royce of large format cameras, in the 60s. They even produced their own full colour glossy magazine.

keith selmes
31 May 2013 - 9:24 PM

Linhof do look super nice, but MPP are cheaper

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.