Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Large reflector boards

cmoseley 7 4
5 Feb 2008 4:24PM
Hi guys!

I'm after some large reflector boards 6x3ft plus for my small studio. Ideally I'll keep one side white with the other side painted matt black.

Is there anything suitable out there (polyboard, foamcore etc) which is reasonably cheap, fairly light and readily available where can I find it in the UK?

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

andytvcams 12 10.4k United Kingdom
5 Feb 2008 4:40PM
sheets of polystyrene boards you get in builder's merchants - usually either 1" or 2" thick.
Paul Morgan e2
13 16.1k 6 England
5 Feb 2008 4:54PM
I made some lovely reflectors that fold up to the size of A4.

Laminated sheets of A4 paper and joined using tape Smile

You could even use card from craft shops in various colours, silver/gold, black etc.
rodp 9 1.2k England
5 Feb 2008 5:02PM
Correx (like corrugated cardboard but plastic) from sign writing suppliers or the likes of Amari plastics. About 5 / 6 for an 8 x 4 sheet 4mm thick.
Rod
cmoseley 7 4
6 Feb 2008 10:00AM
PERFECT! Found 8x4 ft polyboards at B&Q. Widths vary from 25, 50, 75 & 100mm with prices ranging from 5.28 - 20.98 per board.

Thanks for the help guys!
16 Feb 2010 3:50PM
I've just received 4 x pieces of 8' x 4' polyboard but cannot for the life of me find any suitable stands - can anyone help?
17 Feb 2010 8:51AM
Having gone on location to places that you really don't want to carry anything heavy to, I have bought old white sheets at a charity store, and made frames out of PVC pipe. The fabric can be stited on or held with A clamps for easy break down. This worked on Volvo ads as well as editorial fashion where the budgets are too low for assistants.

Aldo

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.