Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Lastolite Hi Lite - Vinyl Trail

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    shannron
    shannron  897 forum posts United Kingdom
    8 Mar 2009 - 1:11 PM

We have the Lastolite Hi Lite within our studio which is worth its weight in gold due to the lack of our studio space( in a shopping centre).

We purchased the Lastolite Vinyl Train to along with the hi lite and I gotta say im not impressed at all with it.

Its gotten really tatty very quickly. We dont allow shoes at all on it and have been cleaning it with baby wipes, also from day one its been a real bummer to light resulting in a lot of post processing which takes up time.

Id love to hear if anyone else has experienced the same problem or has any advice.

Cheers

Shaz x

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    8 Mar 2009 - 1:11 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

User_Removed
    8 Mar 2009 - 3:15 PM

that's interesting, was thinking of getting hold of one of these when i bought the Hi Lite now i'm not so sure

rgds
    Dave

uggyy
    uggyy  82104 forum posts Scotland9 Constructive Critique Points
    8 Mar 2009 - 9:50 PM

Dave if you do get it, beware it creases real easy.

Roll it up, never bend it lol... I was going to get a hair dryer to see if the heat will flatten it again...

As Sharon says, it does get dirty real quick and wipes will clean it but you need some elbow grease.

The annoying thing for me if the stitching at the back on the seem it shows in shots and needs removed post processing.

Lighting it as said not been as easy as we thought it might be...

Tommy

stevekhart
    9 Mar 2009 - 12:44 PM

Probably not used min as much as shaz, but I'd agree with her. Was thinking of getting the longer vinyl roll, but then I'll need to stitch velcro. For minimal post-proc I use an 8-light setup, with 4 lights dedicated to the floor (front and back). Lastolite's spokesman is just plain ignorant on any full-length lighting issues with highlight. Why oh why is the rim in black material?! Was recommended nail-varnish remover for cleaning, but still not easy. Anyone used kitchen cream cleaner (CIF)?

User_Removed
    9 Mar 2009 - 4:36 PM

Tommy and Steve thanks for the tip, i am now seriously thinking it might not be such a good idea. Any alternatives that anyone can recommend ?

Shaz i did pm you did you recieve it ?

rgds
    Dave

uggyy
    9 Mar 2009 - 4:41 PM

Dave,

Dont be too mislead from the post, the actual backdrop is very good, its just the trail thats lacking..

Tommy

User_Removed
    9 Mar 2009 - 4:44 PM

thanks Tommy, yes i thought thats what you meant, do you use an alternative now ?

rgds
    Dave

uggyy
    10 Mar 2009 - 12:29 AM

No, not yet but working on it. We dont have the space to play too much. I was thinking on white tape to cover the black thread. Also looking at some other ideas.. Wink keep you posted..

Bucephalas69
    10 Mar 2009 - 5:40 PM

Glad to have read this as i was just about to purchase the train for my Hi-Lite.
    Pop into your local flooring store and take a look at their vinyl off cuts. The 3mm stuff is great as most of them are white on the reverse and are ideal.
    A roll of self adhesive velcro and your away!

P.S: I do love my Hi-Lite

Last Modified By Bucephalas69 at 10 Mar 2009 - 5:40 PM
    User_Removed
    10 Mar 2009 - 6:01 PM

excellent, great tip thanks for this

rgds
    Dave

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.