Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

lastolite Lumen8 200w Studio Lighting kits

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    tomcat606
    tomcat606  596 forum posts
    19 Jan 2011 - 1:05 PM

All
    Are the lastolite Lumen8 200w Studio Lighting kits 2head good enough for an enthusiast/Amateur trying to do good portraits at this level

Thanks Tomcat606

Wink

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    19 Jan 2011 - 1:05 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Paul Morgan
    Paul Morgan e2 Member 1314948 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
    19 Jan 2011 - 6:17 PM

I quite like them, there good lights but there are cheaper out there.

BigRick
    BigRick  82085 forum posts United Kingdom3 Constructive Critique Points
    19 Jan 2011 - 6:35 PM

interfit EXD 200 is a good kit, i have four interfit heads and get on really well with them. Smile

tomcat606
    19 Jan 2011 - 6:41 PM

Paul Thanks 'cheaper but just as good ??

Tomcat
    Wink

Grampy
    Grampy  4507 forum posts England71 Constructive Critique Points
    20 Jan 2011 - 12:04 PM

I've just bought elemental 250ws and 400 ws, for portraits they are perfect and for anything else for that matter.
    Phill

brian1208
    brian1208 e2 Member 1110181 forum postsbrian1208 vcard United Kingdom12 Constructive Critique Points
    20 Jan 2011 - 12:16 PM

Quote: interfit EXD 200 is a good kit, i have four interfit heads and get on really well with them

I got the 2 head EXD 200 kit just before Christmas and have been very pleased with it.

Comparing it to a Bowens pro kit we use at our Studio Group I would say that it is very well built, seems robust and is a doddle to set up and use and seems to be very good value for money.

Not found any problems with it yet (except a rather limited range of "add-ons compared to some of the other mainstream brands - Rick, do you know whether the EDX fitting is compatible with any of the other "standards"?)

Last Modified By brian1208 at 20 Jan 2011 - 12:16 PM
    tomcat606
    20 Jan 2011 - 12:57 PM

Hi All
    any of you herd of Photodeals they have these http://www.photodeals.co.uk/product.php?productid=126&cat=5&page=1 Any good '' What do you think for a enthusiast/Amateur

Ta Tomcat
    Wink

Paul Morgan
    Paul Morgan e2 Member 1314948 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
    20 Jan 2011 - 9:03 PM

Quote: Paul Thanks 'cheaper but just as good ??

As in other brands.

Quote: Not found any problems with it yet (except a rather limited range of "add-ons compared to some of the other mainstream brands - Rick, do you know whether the EDX fitting is compatible with any of the other "standards"?)

I don`t think it is Brian, EDX is that the budget lights.

If you think your going to be needing add-ons its best to get a set that use the standard S fitting, as used by Bowen`s, Interfit(most) and so on.

BigRick
    BigRick  82085 forum posts United Kingdom3 Constructive Critique Points
    20 Jan 2011 - 10:17 PM

Quote: interfit EXD 200 is a good kit, i have four interfit heads and get on really well with them

I got the 2 head EXD 200 kit just before Christmas and have been very pleased with it.

Comparing it to a Bowens pro kit we use at our Studio Group I would say that it is very well built, seems robust and is a doddle to set up and use and seems to be very good value for money.

Not found any problems with it yet (except a rather limited range of "add-ons compared to some of the other mainstream brands - Rick, do you know whether the EDX fitting is compatible with any of the other "standards"?)

i have never had the need to use other modifiers, exept barndoors, and made my own adaptors to fit them..... i made the barndoors too though so i cheated. Wink

brian1208
    brian1208 e2 Member 1110181 forum postsbrian1208 vcard United Kingdom12 Constructive Critique Points
    21 Jan 2011 - 7:00 AM

Thanks Rick & Paul (I don't expect to need andy "Extras" myself but was interested in the context of this thread)

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.