Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

lastolite Lumen8 200w Studio Lighting kits

19 Jan 2011 1:05PM
All
Are the lastolite Lumen8 200w Studio Lighting kits 2head good enough for an enthusiast/Amateur trying to do good portraits at this level

Thanks Tomcat606

Wink

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Paul Morgan e2
13 16.1k 6 England
19 Jan 2011 6:17PM
I quite like them, there good lights but there are cheaper out there.
BigRick e2
9 2.1k 3 United Kingdom
19 Jan 2011 6:35PM
interfit EXD 200 is a good kit, i have four interfit heads and get on really well with them. Smile
19 Jan 2011 6:41PM
Paul Thanks 'cheaper but just as good ??

Tomcat
Wink
Grampy e2
5 507 71 England
20 Jan 2011 12:04PM
I've just bought elemental 250ws and 400 ws, for portraits they are perfect and for anything else for that matter.
Phill
brian1208 e2
11 10.6k 12 United Kingdom
20 Jan 2011 12:16PM

Quote:interfit EXD 200 is a good kit, i have four interfit heads and get on really well with them

I got the 2 head EXD 200 kit just before Christmas and have been very pleased with it.

Comparing it to a Bowens pro kit we use at our Studio Group I would say that it is very well built, seems robust and is a doddle to set up and use and seems to be very good value for money.

Not found any problems with it yet (except a rather limited range of "add-ons compared to some of the other mainstream brands - Rick, do you know whether the EDX fitting is compatible with any of the other "standards"?)
20 Jan 2011 12:57PM
Hi All
any of you herd of Photodeals they have these http://www.photodeals.co.uk/product.php?productid=126&cat=5&page=1 Any good '' What do you think for a enthusiast/Amateur

Ta Tomcat
Wink
Paul Morgan e2
13 16.1k 6 England
20 Jan 2011 9:03PM

Quote:Paul Thanks 'cheaper but just as good ??

As in other brands.

Quote:Not found any problems with it yet (except a rather limited range of "add-ons compared to some of the other mainstream brands - Rick, do you know whether the EDX fitting is compatible with any of the other "standards"?)

I don`t think it is Brian, EDX is that the budget lights.

If you think your going to be needing add-ons its best to get a set that use the standard S fitting, as used by Bowen`s, Interfit(most) and so on.
BigRick e2
9 2.1k 3 United Kingdom
20 Jan 2011 10:17PM

Quote:interfit EXD 200 is a good kit, i have four interfit heads and get on really well with them

I got the 2 head EXD 200 kit just before Christmas and have been very pleased with it.

Comparing it to a Bowens pro kit we use at our Studio Group I would say that it is very well built, seems robust and is a doddle to set up and use and seems to be very good value for money.

Not found any problems with it yet (except a rather limited range of "add-ons compared to some of the other mainstream brands - Rick, do you know whether the EDX fitting is compatible with any of the other "standards"?)

i have never had the need to use other modifiers, exept barndoors, and made my own adaptors to fit them..... i made the barndoors too though so i cheated. Wink
brian1208 e2
11 10.6k 12 United Kingdom
21 Jan 2011 7:00AM
Thanks Rick & Paul (I don't expect to need andy "Extras" myself but was interested in the context of this thread)

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.