Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Leadenhall market

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    rickie
    rickie e2 Member 998 forum postsrickie vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
    6 Dec 2012 - 8:26 PM

Please could someone tell me if Leadenhall Market is open to take photos inside on a saturday as I know the shops are all closed on that day.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    6 Dec 2012 - 8:26 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

KevSB
    KevSB  101405 forum posts United Kingdom5 Constructive Critique Points
    6 Dec 2012 - 8:39 PM

You would best advised to contact the owners to gain permission first, as private property they may object to photography closed or not

rickie
    rickie e2 Member 998 forum postsrickie vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
    6 Dec 2012 - 8:41 PM

Yeah ,good idea ,thanks

lobsterboy
    lobsterboy Site Moderator 1014056 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
    6 Dec 2012 - 8:53 PM

You don't normally get any problems with using a camera at Ledenhall during the week, by the looks of shots on the web if the gates are shut you can shoot through them.

KevSB
    KevSB  101405 forum posts United Kingdom5 Constructive Critique Points
    6 Dec 2012 - 8:54 PM

I took a look and from what I read here no permission needed.but proof of your intensions on you would be good idea as you are likely to be approached by security and don't want a confrontation, that's provided it's non commercial.

http://www.cityoflondon.gov.uk/about-the-city/who-we-are/media-centre/Pages/Film-and-photography-permissions-guidelines.aspx

On the basis that you are filming with a small crew only (less than five people), keeping to public walkway, are using portable camera and equipment only and you will not cause any obstruction, danger or offence to others, then you are not obliged to submit an application. However it is deemed good practice to submit an application for all shoots and we advise you do so as we can then notify relevant parties such as the Police and Highways that you will be filming and in turn we can send you confirmation that we see no objection to your filming. This Notice of No Objection is useful to show to private security personnel and City Police Officers who may stop you to find out what you are doing. By submitting an application we are also able to advise you if any of the areas you wish to film at are private property, outside our borough or may conflict with another crew​.

AnnChown
    AnnChown e2 Member 4183 forum postsAnnChown vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
    6 Dec 2012 - 9:14 PM

You can walk through the market at any time - it is a covered market with access at all times. However, the shops will probably be closed at weekends. It depends what you want to shoot; if it's just the architecture, there should be no problem.
    Ann

Jestertheclown
    6 Dec 2012 - 10:08 PM

I think that you'll find it closed all day Saturday and Sunday, being as it's considered a part of the "Square Mile."
    Also, I don't know what the rules re.photography in there are but I can recall a thread in which a member of Epz. had been asked to remove himself and his gear; he was using a tripod to get some shots, one day while it was open.
    I can't remember when or who it was though.
    Might be an idea to sound out the situation first.

Bren.

StuartAt
    StuartAt e2 Member 91031 forum postsStuartAt vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
    6 Dec 2012 - 10:14 PM

I've shot in there with no problems, but only handheld and it was during the week.

lemmy
    lemmy  71774 forum posts United Kingdom
    6 Dec 2012 - 11:36 PM

It's open (shops closed) and you should have no problems. You'll likely need a tripod. I've never had a problem there and don't see why you should,

lobsterboy
    lobsterboy Site Moderator 1014056 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
    7 Dec 2012 - 1:21 PM

I just popped over & checked this out. There is no way for the place to be closed, so you can wander round all you like.
    No problems with taking photos either - but the Christmas decorations are up, so as long as you are happy with them in your shot you should be fine.

JackAllTog
    JackAllTog e2 Member 53540 forum postsJackAllTog vcard United Kingdom58 Constructive Critique Points
    7 Dec 2012 - 1:28 PM

It'll be a plus if the shops are closed, working close by in the week I've found it hard to get a shot that's not filled with passes by, and it was near impossible to find a quiet spot.
    Perhaps i'll try an evening after work as the Christmas decs may light it up well.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.