Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Lee filters.

Zatoichi 5 707 United Kingdom
27 Aug 2010 6:15PM
Hi all, Im trying to track down the Lee DSLR starter kit but no-one on-line seems to have any. Does anyone of somewhere that does or of any shops in the North West that might stock them. Trying to get hold of something before tuesday.

Thanks for your help.

Steve.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Snapper e2
9 3.8k 3 United States Outlying Islands
27 Aug 2010 6:49PM
Friday night's possibly not the best time to ask as many suppliers close for the weekend, plus it's a Bank Holiday on Monday and there won't be any post either! Speedgraphic are showing it in stock on their website, but it's obviously not local to you and post will be a problem.
Warriorpoet e2
6 213 3 England
27 Aug 2010 8:41PM
I would have thought Calumet in Manchester might be your best bet although I can't see the starter kit on their website. Might be worth ringing them tomorrow as I daresay they sell most of the component parts. Morco are showing stock on their website but I don't know when they are open next. They will take orders over the phone and despatch the same day but still no good for Tuesday.
Nick_w e2
7 4.1k 99 England
27 Aug 2010 8:51PM
Everytime I've enquired at Calumet in Manchester they don't tend to stock Lee but buy to order, but worth a call.

Lead times with Lee have always been long, but worth the wait. In the meantime why not manually blend, 2 images say 3 stops apart then use layer masks and blend. Not ideal but it works well, whilst you await delivery.
I would recommend Morco for all things Lee... I've used them for years ( link )

Direct link to Lee page here
Coleslaw e2
9 13.4k 28 Wales
27 Aug 2010 10:14PM
Welcome back Barrie! Smile

Try Morco, Studiokitdirect, Robert White, Speed Graphic and Dale Photographic.
Zatoichi 5 707 United Kingdom
28 Aug 2010 10:23AM
Thanks for your contribution, tried most of those places mentioned and heard today there is a 2 month backlog!
ge22y e2
6 115 12 Wales
28 Aug 2010 12:49PM
Have you thought about getting the items separately? Granted it's more expensive but I don't know anyone who uses the coral filter in the starter kit anyway! From WE it would cost you 175 for everything that is in the kit, but if you take off the 42 they charge for the coral filter then its the same price as the starter kit.

I did it this way and had the items next day.
Warriorpoet e2
6 213 3 England
28 Aug 2010 6:18PM
The DSLR starter kit is filter holder, 2 stop ND hard grad, 2 stop glass ND plus a pouch and cleaning cloth. No coral.
Blimey if there is a two month backlog I'll have to stick my spare one on Ebay Smile
User_Removed 7 2.2k 3 United Kingdom
28 Aug 2010 6:47PM
This is why the Cokin Z-Pro filters are only just slightly cheaper than the Lee. They're recognised that there is a gap in the market and have hiked their prices to fit. Lee, for some reason, still only manufacture on demand. They don't retain market-ready stock.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.