Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Left or right eye?

whipspeed e2
10 4.1k 22 United Kingdom
22 Jul 2005 3:21AM
Left eye dominant. always has been, when I shoot at archery I also use left, right feels so wrong.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

spaceman 10 5.2k 3 Wales
22 Jul 2005 3:26AM

Quote:7th son of a 7th son as well?

No, the second son of a second son. Which sounds very similar if you're slightly inebriated.
pink 11 1.9k 5 United Kingdom
22 Jul 2005 4:21AM
left for me as well! Trouble is you tend to breathe all over the camera as well
robadsy 9 348
22 Jul 2005 4:59AM
interesting thread.

im left handed, use my right eye for camera.

left ear for phone

left hand for writing

right hand golf, cricket, baseball, etc...

left hand for chainsaw and scissors (grrrrrrr...)

hee hee, ads :o)
kevan 13 447
22 Jul 2005 5:58AM
I'm right-handed and use my right eye (it's much stronger than my left).

I'm also right-footed playing football but bat left-handed (cricket) and I would need left-handed golf clubs if I played.

I take bottle/jar tops of with my left hand and pull the string of a bow with my left but I'd hold a shot-gun/rifle on my right shoulder.

I do however clap with both hands Wink

Kevan
karl 11 588 United Kingdom
22 Jul 2005 8:05AM
Right eye, left handed (That doesn't say a lot though, as I play most sport right handed e.g. Golf). Usually keep my left eye open (Can't keep it closed for long, causes strain in it and I look weird, lol.
ali graham 11 102 Scotland
22 Jul 2005 9:25AM
Another left eye, right handed... mmmmm two left eyes! Right eye sometimes open, sometimes shut.

Look round over left shoulder when on my bike.

Golf, football with right hand/foot.

Scratch with left hand. (if right hand itchy!)
robob 11 1.0k England
22 Jul 2005 10:08AM
I'm almost blind in my right eye so its left for me, though looking at some of my pics you would think I used my right eye.
Rob
NickdeBug 9 391
22 Jul 2005 2:11PM
____________________________________________________RIGHT!

But I am pretty well ambidexterous (can write with both hands, in cricket I bat lefthanded and bowl righthanded, never have to play a backhand on the tennis/squash court). I would love a camera with the shutter button on the left, as I seem to be far more pressure sensitive with my left hand (tend to push a bit hard with right = occasional camera shake). Shoot with right eye as well.

I was reading some amazing stuff they are doing to try to help epileptics the other day. When there are no other options, it is possible to sever the bridge between the two halves of the brain. Problem is that each half interprets the signals from the opposite eye, and the speech centre is located in the left side (this is nearly always true for right handed people - but lefty's often have a language centre in both halves). Basically, what they found is that people who had this operation were then in capable of describing anything they could see in their right peripheral vision. They could see it, but could interpret what it was. For example, nude pictures of men or women were held up and the subject often blushed or became embarrased - but couldn't say why!

My former tutor was a Prof in Neurophysiology and used to love telling his tutees about all this stuff!
C_Daniels 9 399 10 England
23 Jul 2005 8:16PM
I don't use any now and the photo's are better!
(joking - I'm left)
croberts 10 2.2k 8 Ireland
24 Jul 2005 12:16AM
i use my left when the lights low, and i really have to brace the camera against my shoulder, but use the right the rest of the time.

Both eyes when subjects moving about.

Chris.
24 Jul 2005 4:41AM
Can I be a pita Smile Both, but prefer right, with left open.
gill f 10 115 England
24 Jul 2005 5:00AM
Brown eye (left)looks through viewfinder.
Blue eye (right) usually closed.
Now - that is really odd.
User_Removed 12 2.8k 11 United Kingdom
24 Jul 2005 8:58AM
Well I used to use my left for taking photographs but forllowing a golfing accident and the subsequent loss of sight in the left eye, I changed to the right and after a few days, no problem.(Plus the sun doesn't get in the left while using the right.......so some good came out of it!)
patters 10 1.8k 1 United Kingdom
24 Jul 2005 9:02AM
I dont open any of mine

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.