Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Leicestershire Photographic clubs?

Keebsuk Junior Member 2 32 United Kingdom
16 Oct 2012 4:30PM
I live in the south of Leicestershire and was wondering if anyone can suggest an active photographic club I could look at joining?

I know there are clubs but I would prefer to look at ones that are recommended.

Many thanks.

Andy

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

JackAllTog e2
5 4.0k 58 United Kingdom
16 Oct 2012 5:51PM
You'll know of the epz directories:
http://www.ephotozine.com/directories/category/photography-clubs-or-societies-48

I think many of these are worth a visit to see if you get on with the format and the people. Near me the last one i went to was brilliant for me and a great bunch of people - unfortuantly i moved house. A few years before that i'd tried another and been quite put off.

So you'll be your own best judge.

I now need a new one in Woking/Guildford, have seen 2 close by and just need to find time to go visit them. I found the more i put in the more i got out.
Martin54 e2
8 509 United Kingdom
16 Oct 2012 7:21PM
Hi, you'd be more than welcome at my local club, Market Harborough Photographic Society , we're a very friendly club and you are welcome to try us out for a few weeks to see if you like us. Otherwise there are also clubs at Lutterworth and in Leicester itself.
Martin
ensign e2
7 191 1 United Kingdom
16 Oct 2012 7:25PM
Hi Andy,
Firstly welcome to the site. Can I suggest that your local library will have a lsit of all clubs in the area, whic hopefully will include Photo clubs. Good hunting.
Bernard
18 Oct 2012 5:43PM
Martin, thanks for the invite, I will come along in the next week or so!

Ensign, thank you for the welcome and advice.Grin

Andy
Martin54 e2
8 509 United Kingdom
18 Oct 2012 6:12PM
Andy, good to hear from you. I'll keep an eye out for you at the club if I'm around. You might be interested to know that our annual exhibition is on this week at the main church in Harborough which is a good opportunity to see our best work, it runs from today until Friday 26th. Our meeting next Tuesday is at the church for the judging of the exhibition.

Hope to see you soon,

Martin
18 Oct 2012 6:24PM
Martin, I will pop into the church next week and will do my best to attend the Tues meeting.

Again, many thanks.

Andy

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.