Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

lencarta

24 Nov 2008 6:31PM
Has anyone bought or used any lencarta ElitePro 600 Compact flash heads 199 as Im thinking of buying some as the spec seems good and they're cheaper than Bowens.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

24 Nov 2008 7:19PM
A few hundred people have bought them in the few weeks since their launch but we'll have to wait and see whether any of them read this forum...

I'm their photographer and product tester so I can answer any questions you may have. I don't know where you are but I have one in my studio (Bradford) and you're welcome to come and have a play, and directly compare it with the other (Elinchrom) stuff I've got here
24 Nov 2008 7:26PM
Thanks for the offer but Im in Newbury.
24 Nov 2008 7:52PM

Quote:Thanks for the offer but Im in Newbury.

I used to live in the south myself but now I live in God's own countySmile
Unless someone can give you the info you need, the best bet might be just to go ahead and get them. You have 30 days in which to return them for a full refund if you're not happy (no explanation needed) - normally the buyer has to pay the return postage but I can get that redunded too, as a one off.
24 Nov 2008 9:50PM
Its a known fact that Gods own county is berkshire where the sun always shines,it never rains,theres, no credit crunch,and petrol is free... but that aside they seem to have trouble with being out of stock on the flash kits ,also whats the build quality like compared to Bowens.
24 Nov 2008 10:38PM

Quote:Its a known fact that Gods own county is berkshire where the sun always shines,it never rains,theres, no credit crunch,and petrol is free... but that aside they seem to have trouble with being out of stock on the flash kits ,also whats the build quality like compared to Bowens.

I've checked up on this, they aren't out of stock at all, the only problem is with the people who adminster the website. Personally I think the engineers who build the equipment should take over the running of the website...
But until they sort themselves out you can place your order by 'phone.

As for build quality, this is where it would help if you actually have a play for yourself. I think you'd be impressed with both build quality and performance. The only thing that I'm
personally less than happy about is the flash ready beep which is too loud for my taste, but you can turn it off and set it to dim the modelling lamp until the flash has recharged instead
SKavanagh e2
7 312 5 England
25 Nov 2008 7:32AM
I have arranged a studio meet at Elemental studio on the 18/19 December using all there equipement . They have some great equipement that they sell come and have a play before you buy.
If you want to see some work produced with the kit have a look at DannyJames porfolio on here
Steve
25 Nov 2008 4:53PM
Just rang to place order some charmless bird said if the website shows no stock then no stock there is,asked if prices would go down 2.5% from monday and you'd have thought I'd mugged her granny! Oh well that answers my questions I suppose..Bowens for me!
25 Nov 2008 6:31PM

Quote:Just rang to place order some charmless bird said if the website shows no stock then no stock there is,asked if prices would go down 2.5% from monday and you'd have thought I'd mugged her granny! Oh well that answers my questions I suppose..Bowens for me!

You just can't get the staff can you...
As I said earlier, the goods are in stock, the problem is with people are quite simply not doing their job properly. If you want me to knock heads together and sort it out I'll be happy to do so, I was a Rottweiler in a previous life Smile
User_Removed 12 7.3k 6 United Kingdom
25 Nov 2008 6:33PM

Quote:I was a Rottweiler in a previous life

Am I the only one to have read that and felt compelled to look at your profile picture Smile

Perhaps it's just me..... Wink
25 Nov 2008 6:36PM

Quote:Quote:I was a Rottweiler in a previous lifeAm I the only one to have read that and felt compelled to look at your profile picture

Perhaps it's just me.....

The one of me driving my beemer... I don't look that good in real life Smile
13 Dec 2008 6:53PM

Quote:Just rang to place order some charmless bird said if the website shows no stock then no stock there is,asked if prices would go down 2.5% from monday and you'd have thought I'd mugged her granny! Oh well that answers my questions I suppose..Bowens for me!

Just as a matter of interest, what did you get in the end (if you have) and are you happy with them?
22 Dec 2008 9:45PM
I bought 2 300 watt heads and am attempting to buy a third ...the products are great very impressed with them however the company/website/delivery etc are the worst I ve ever come across and althought the lights are great its just not worth the hassle.
22 Dec 2008 9:57PM

Quote:I bought 2 300 watt heads and am attempting to buy a third ...the products are great very impressed with them however the company/website/delivery etc are the worst I ve ever come across and althought the lights are great its just not worth the hassle.

Although I don't work for Lencarta I've been trying to help sort out the problems that Richard is having. I know how frustrating it is to wait in for a delivery that doesn't arrive on time.

There are various problems - website pretty useless, e-shop badly programmed and showing goods to be out of stock that are in stock and deliveries not happening when they should simply because the carriers are rushing around like maniacs because of the time or year. Add into the mix the fact that the products themselves are selling like hot cakes and it's probably not surprising that some customers are getting pretty poor service.

The website is being completely redesigned and I'm told it will be ready soon after Xmas. Once the new website is in place the e-shop will work perfectly, all part of the same thing, and as the delivery problems are just down to the Xmas rush that should all be OK too.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.