Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

lens

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Phoenix
Phoenix  131871 forum posts
12 Oct 2012 - 5:51 PM

Quote: Nah, that's colour TV.
Heck, in some parts you haven't even got steam radio yet Tongue

Must be why you come up north so much Tongue

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
12 Oct 2012 - 5:51 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

canonblaster
14 Oct 2012 - 12:09 PM

thanks for your comments guys I have to go now to help the wife get her broadband in her hair

User_Removed
14 Oct 2012 - 3:00 PM

Quote: Perhaps this is more helpful. The lens records light and the sensor in the camera records the colour.

Ken

That's a clever trick. Where can I get one of those lenses that "records the light"?

Newdevonian
14 Oct 2012 - 3:45 PM

I bought a lens recently which was advertised as being good for black & white as well as colour, but I can only get black from it. I don't understand since it doesn't have a glass front, just a black disc which says Nikon. Wink

snapbandit
snapbandit  102205 forum posts Northern Ireland3 Constructive Critique Points
14 Oct 2012 - 4:11 PM

The version of the Nikon lens with the black disk only works in the Southern Hemisphere, so you may have to emigrate to South of the equator and use the Hoya 'Tartan' filter to retain colour banding if shooting near salt water. Wink

Newdevonian
14 Oct 2012 - 4:17 PM

Oh ****! The black front disc bit just fell off. have I broken it?

Snapbandit, I fully understand the reasons for the first part of your answer, but a tartan filter? Your having me on aren't you? Wink

snapbandit
14 Oct 2012 - 4:20 PM

Trust me.... if you can get your hands on one it will make the world of difference.... would I spoof you? !!! Tongue

Last Modified By snapbandit at 14 Oct 2012 - 4:21 PM
Newdevonian
14 Oct 2012 - 4:23 PM

I've just found one on Amazon in 77mm, it's quite expensive at 1276, but I bought it anyway.
Note to self: How can I get a tartan overlay in photoshop to shut him up? Tongue

Last Modified By Newdevonian at 14 Oct 2012 - 4:28 PM
snapbandit
14 Oct 2012 - 4:25 PM

don't forget, only use it near salt water (in the Southern Hemisphere) Smile

keith selmes
14 Oct 2012 - 4:55 PM

I've always found, the best way to get colour is to change the film.
The ones labelled C41 or E6 seem to work best.

I see the camera used is a digital one, that may be the problem. Fortunately the lens will fit some real cameras as well, so it may be worth testing it on a proper body with some colour film.

Hope that helps Smile

Newdevonian
14 Oct 2012 - 6:34 PM

I've heard about this new fangled plastic film. Is it like a sensor painted onto a plastic strip? I understand however it is only 24 x 36 pixels. I don't understand how you can get any quality out of it. I suppose if you have 36 replaceable sensors, you don't have to worry about keeping them clean.

Sooty_1
Sooty_1 Critique Team 41177 forum posts United Kingdom196 Constructive Critique Points
14 Oct 2012 - 7:03 PM

I had one of those, but I couldn't get a cable for it, to upload onto my computer....it seems that when I'd taken arou d 40 shots, I took the film thingy out, but all the pictures I took were trapped inside and I had to get a man to extract them for me.

snapbandit
14 Oct 2012 - 7:26 PM

I used to get the pictures out of those myself ( needed a swiss army knife & a 7/8" spanner though ).

(anyone else think this should really be in the "Light Hearted Chat" forum, before someone with 'authority' locks it! )
SmileSmile

Newdevonian
14 Oct 2012 - 7:29 PM

I have obviously misunderstood. I thought you just opened the tin and held the plastic up to the light and you could see the pictures.

Arunkd
Arunkd  4 India
19 Oct 2012 - 1:11 PM

Guys...I bought a 400mm lens...but i cant take pictures with it..where exactly is the shutter button?

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.