Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Lens/camera calibration software

16 Mar 2014 7:35AM
Talking to a photographer yesterday and he was very impressed with the Focal software programme for the automatic calibration of
camera/lenses I was hoping to get it but they don't do a Mac version yet.
Does anybody know of any other company that produces this for a Mac? I've got a Canon 7D with Canon 300mm f4 prime, Canon 300mm f2.8 and a Canon 15-85mm zoom.
Thanks

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

ive heard good comments ref this company.....

Here
rheyes 10 73 United Kingdom
16 Mar 2014 1:47PM
Hi.

According to the website the software is Mac compatible.

Click here for more information.

Hope this helps.

Richard
16 Mar 2014 5:29PM
Thanks for that Richard, didn't see it when I went to their site?? Yes the photographer I met was full of praise for the software, really simple to use and gives very good results. I'm looking into it more.
sorry cheddar didnt read ur original post properly when i put the link up as it was the same company lol but yes they do mac compatable, ill be purchasing the software this week for the mac after hearing how good the software is Smile

Iain.....
17 Mar 2014 8:57AM
Lucky you Ian, let us know how you get on with it please. Haven't got the ready just now so will be buying later in the year. In the meantime. back to the manual trial and error methodSad
17 Mar 2014 9:49AM
Can't edit the above so have to do another reply. I presume that once you have calibrated the camera's AF for each of your lenses, you don't need to go back on a regular basis to do a re cal? If this is so, it seems quite a lot of money for a one time use software? I also notice that they ask for your camera's S/N when ordering so I wonder if this is incorporated into the software so that it will not work on others cameras?
Anybody on here actually got this calibration system and can comment?

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.